The Arkansas Colleges of Health Education is proud to assist veterans, service members, and their families in accessing the education benefits they have earned through their years of service to our nation. Explore your benefit options at VA | Vets.gov, U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, or call the toll-free number at 1-888-442-4551.
The Department of Veterans Affairs determines the eligibility of each veteran. The following information may be found on the following links:
- Veteran’s Education & Training Benefits
- Comparison of VA Education Benefits & Payment Rates
- VA Education & Training Handouts/Forms
Certification & Eligibility Process
Students who wish for Veterans’ Education benefits to be certified at ACHE should follow the below steps:
- Eligibility is determined by the VA and students who qualify for benefits will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). All students receiving VA Education Benefits are required to have a COE on file except for students receiving Chapter 31 education benefits.
- Students who wish to utilize their education benefits for an approved program at ACHE must submit their COE along with a Veterans’ Education Benefits Certification Request Form for review to the School Certifying Official (SCO) at ACHE
- Once review has occurred students will be notified of any additional information that may be needed or if eligible will have that semester’s approved enrollment/tuition and fee costs certified to the VA.
Chapter 31 Education Benefits
Students receiving Chapter 31 education benefits must also have his or her Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor contact the ACHE SCO via e-mail at email@example.com to provide eligibility information each semester.
Transfer students already approved for VA education benefits must also submit a Change of Program or Place of Training Form to the VA and follow the Certification & Eligibility Process above. Veterans may submit this Change of Program or Place of Training Form online here and dependents may submit this form online here.
All students receiving VA educational benefits must follow all ACHE admission procedures. Veterans and other persons eligible to receive VA educational benefits must be aware of current policies that apply. In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), ACHE adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA, ACHE will not:
- Prevent the student’s enrollment.
- Access a late penalty to the student.
- Deny the student access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:
- Submit a Certificate of Eligibility for entitlement to educational assistance no later than the first day of class
- Submit a VA Certification Form to the ACHE SCO
- Provide additional information necessary to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies.
Students leaving ACHE mid-semester may be subject to returned funds, including Veteran’s benefit funds. Students may review the Tuition Refund Policy in the APM.
School Certifying Officials
Students can contact an ACHE SCO by phone at (479) 308-2200 or through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person in the Office of Student Affairs on the first floor of the ARCOM building.
Glenna Gilliam, CFAA®, Director of Financial Aid
Amanda Scyrkels, Financial Aid Processor/VA Certifying Official
The following programs are currently approved for VA Education Benefits at the Arkansas Colleges of Health Education:
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Master of Science in Biomedicine
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.