Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
Arkansas Colleges of Health Education annually distributes to all enrolled students a notice of the availability of institutional and financial aid information. This information is required to be made available to students under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) and under Section 485(a)(1), Section 485(f), Section 485(g), Section 485(h) and Section 485(j). Students are sent a notification of the availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information via e-mail.
The Arkansas Colleges of Health Education is required by federal regulations to designate an employee or group of employees who shall be available to assist enrolled or prospective students in obtaining information regarding: reporting and disclosure of information, financial assistance and institutional information. If you would like to request a paper copy or if you have any questions, please contact either:
Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine
Office of Financial Aid
7000 Chad Colley Blvd
Fort Smith, AR 72916
Phone: (479) 308-2209
Contact Information for Assistance in Obtaining Institutional or Financial Aid Information
Each institution must make available to prospective and enrolled students information regarding how and where to contact individuals designated to assist enrolled or prospective students in obtaining the institutional or financial aid information required to be disclosed under HEA Sec. 485(a). This information is posted on ACHE’s websiteand may be found in the Arkansas Colleges of Health Education (ACHE) StudentHandbook, Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM) Student Handbookand Academic Catalog, Master of Science in Biomedicine (MSB) Student Handbook and Academic Catalog. Paper copies are available upon request.
Institutional Contact Information
Name: Glenna Gilliam
Office hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Phone number: 479-308-2209
Fax number: 479-308-2266
Availability of Employees for Information Dissemination
Arkansas Colleges of Health Education Medicine
7000 Chad Colley Blvd
Fort Smith, AR 72916
Phone: (479) 308-2243
Fax: (479) 308-2266
Institutional and Financial Aid Information Availability
The following list provides a brief description of the information required to be made available as well as the office that is responsible for the information and where the information may be found at:
Office of Student Affairs
- Student Financial Aid Information
Information regarding financial aid can be found for the Arkansas Colleges of Health Education under the section under ACHE Financial Aid, which includes the below information:
- Financial aid assistance programs
- Terms and conditions of Title IV, HEA loans
- Criteria for selecting recipients and for determining amount of award
- Eligibility requirements, procedures and forms for applying for aid
- Methods and frequency of disbursements of aid
- Rights and responsibilities of students receiving Title IV, HEA student financial aid, including criteria for continued student eligibility and standards for satisfactory academic progress
- Terms of any loan received as part of financial aid package
- Exit counseling information the institution provides and collects
- Price of Attendance
Information regarding the cost of attendance can be found under acheedu.org/cost-of-attendance/. Tuition and fee charges can be found at acheedu.org/business-office/ and the appropriate Handbook and Academic Catalog for individual programs. Professional judgement for exceptional allowable costs based upon acceptable documentation may be used at the discretion of the Office of Financial Aid and will be notated in a student’s student account.
- Return of Title IV
Information regarding Return of Title IV Calculation that will be done by the Office of Financial Aid if a student withdraws after they have begun attendance can be found under the Financial Aid Section at acheedu.org/financial-aid.
- Copyright Infringement
Information can be found on the Financial Aid section at acheedu.org/financial-aid and in the ACHE Student Handbook. Copyright infringement is also posted by the copiers in the Library.
- Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
Information can be found under Eligibility at acheedu.org/financial-aid.
- College Navigator Listing
Information for Consumer Information for the Arkansas Colleges of Health Education is on College Navigator.
- State Aid
Information regarding how to apply for state aid may be find in the following ways:
- Student Loan Information Published by the U.S. Department of Education
Information published by the U.S. Department of Education about loans, which includes information about rights and responsibilities of students and schools under the Title IV, HEA loan programs can be found at studentaid.ed.gov/sa/types/loans.
- National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS)
Information about your loans will be reported to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS).
- Entrance Counseling for Student Loan Borrowers
Information regarding entrance counseling for Student Loan Borrowers can be found at StudentAid.gov, which includes information on:
- The effect of the loan on the eligibility of the borrower for other forms of aid
- An explanation of the use of the Master Promissory Note
- The seriousness and importance of the students’ repayment obligation
- Information on the accrual and capitalization of interest
- Borrowers of unsubsidized loans have the option of paying interest while inschool
- Definition of half-time enrollment and the consequences of not maintaining half-time enrollment
- Importance of contacting appropriate offices if student withdraws prior to completion of program of study
- Sample monthly repayment amounts
- The obligation of the borrower to repay the full amount of the loan regardless of whether the borrower complete program or completes within regular time for completion, is unable to obtain employment upon completion, or is otherwise dissatisfied with or does not receive the educational or other services the borrower purchased from the school
- Consequences of default
- Information about the NSLDS and how the borrower can access the borrowers records
- Name and contact information for individual the borrower may contact with questions about the borrower’s rights and responsibilities or the terms and conditions of the loan
- Exit Counseling for Student Loan Borrowers
Information regarding Exit Counseling for Student Loan Borrowers can be found at StudentLoans.gov, which includes information about:
- Average anticipated monthly repayment amount-Repayment plan options
- Options to prepay or pay on shorter schedule
- Debt Management Strategies
- Use of Master Promissory Note
- The seriousness and importance of student’s repayment obligation
- Terms and conditions for forgiveness or cancellation
- Copy of information provided by the U.S. Department of Education
- Terms and conditions for deferment or forbearance
- Consequences of default
- Options and consequences of loan consolidation
- Tax benefits available to borrowers
- The obligation of the borrower to repay the full amount of the loan regardless of whether the borrower completes program or completes within regular time for completion, is unable to obtain unemployment upon completion, or is otherwise dissatisfied with or did not receive the educational or other services the borrower purchased from the school
- Availability of the Student Loan Ombudsman’s office
- Information about NSLDS. The U.S. Department of Education is required to provide a disclosure form for students and prospective students about NSLDS
- Voter Registration
Information can be found under Voter Registration.
- Private Education Loan Disclosures
The Arkansas Colleges of Health Education uses the FASTChoice web tool to host our preferred lender list, which is used to provide a comparison of selected lenders that students may be eligible to apply for his or her program of study. Students may search for and apply for and private loans on their own and is not required to use the preferred lender list. The Office of Financial Aid will process any private student loans for a student. Students may request a written or electronic self-certification form for private education loans from the Office of Financial Aid who will provide assistance when appropriate in completing the form
- Code of Conduct
Information regarding the Arkansas Colleges of Health Education Code of Conduct is published under Financial Aid.
- Principles of Excellence for Educational Institutions Serving Service Members,Veterans, Spouses and Other Family Members
Arkansas Colleges of Health Education elects now to not participate in the Principles of Excellence for Educational Institutions Serving Service Members, Veterans, Spouses and Other Family Members.
- Checkout Procedures for Student Dismissal, Withdrawal, or Leave of Absence
Information involving the appropriate checkout procedures for withdrawing from school are listed in the ACHE Student Handbook and the ARCOM Student Handbook.
- Constitution and Citizenship Day
Information to commemorate the signing of the U.S. Constitution that occurred on September 17, 1787 can be found on Constitution and Citizenship Day.
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program
Information for the Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program can be found in the Office of Student Affairs, Human Resources and at Student Health Resources and in the Employee Handbook accessible to employees share point.
- Facilities and Services Available to Students with Disabilities
Information regarding the facilities and services available to students with disabilities,including students with intellectual disabilities can be found in the ACHE Student Handbook.
- Privacy of Student Records –Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Information regarding FERPA can be found at the Registrar webpage and in the ACHE Student Handbook.
- Admission Requirements
Information about Admissions Requirements can be found on the Admissions page and in the ACHE Student Handbook, ARCOM Student Handbook and Academic Catalog and the MSB Student Handbook and Academic Catalog.
Information can be found at acheedu.org/arcom and in the ACHE Student Handbook, ARCOM Student Handbook and Academic Catalog and the MSB Student Handbook and Academic Catalog.
- Transfer Credit Policies
Information can be found in the ARCOM Student Handbook and Academic Catalog.
- Textbook Information
To Be Determined
- Institutional Refund Policy
Information regarding ACHE’s refund policy and Veterans Benefit Tuition Refund Policy can be found under the Business Office’s webpage.
- Disbursement and Credit Balance Payments
Information can be found under Disbursement Process and Refund Policy.
- Provisions for Books and Supplies for Title IV, HEA recipients
Information can be found under Disbursements and Refunds.
Office of Academic Affairs
- Academic Program
Information regarding the academic program at ACHE can be found at acheedu.org/arcom/, acheedu.org/biomedicine/our-program/ and in the ACHE Student Handbook, ARCOM Student Handbook and Academic Catalog and the MSB Student Handbook and Academic Catalog, which includes the below information:
- Accreditation, Approval, and Licensure of Institution and Programs
Information can be found at acheedu.org/arcom/about/accreditation and in the ACHE Student Handbook, ARCOM Student Handbook and Academic Catalog, and the MSB Student Handbook and Academic Catalog.
- State Certification
Information regarding certification by the Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board (AHECB) for the Arkansas Colleges of Health Education to offer the degree of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine can be found in the ARCOM Student Handbook and Academic Catalog.
- Gainful Employment Disclosures
Arkansas Colleges of Health Education is not required to provide Gainful Employment Disclosures to prospective or current students as the only credential awarded to students is a first-professional degree.
- Net Price Calculator
Arkansas Colleges of Health Education is not required to have a net price calculator and elects to not provide one as we do not enroll full-time, first-time students
- Student Body Diversity
Information regarding Student Body Diversity can be found on the IPEDS Website.
- Student’s Right to Know Act
Information regarding Student’s Right to Know Act that provides Completion/Graduation and Transfer-out Rates (Including Disaggregated Completion/Graduation Rates) is not available yet as we don’t have any completion/graduation information at this time. The first cohort graduation for the MSB program will occur in May of 2020. The first cohort graduation for the DO program will occur in May of 2021.
- Types of Graduate and Professional Education
Information regarding the types of graduate and professional education in which the osteopathic medical school’s graduates enroll is not available yet as we have not graduated our first cohort.
Office of Clinical Medicine
- Placement in Employment
Information regarding the placement and employment of, and types of employment obtained by, graduates of the osteopathic degree program can be found in the Office of Clinical Medicine.
- Job Placement Rates
Information regarding the job placement rates can be found in the Office of Clinical Medicine.
- Written Arrangements
Information regarding written arrangements with other entities will be found in the Office of Clinical Medicine and at Clinical Rotation Sites.
Office of Police & Security
Chief of Police & Security
- Safety and Security
Information regarding Safety and Security may be found in Office of Police and Security and on the website under Safety and Security, which contains information regarding:
- Safety and Security
- Emergency Action Plan
- Clery Fire and Safety Report
- Clery Report 2017
- Clery Report 2016
- Violence Safety Plan
- AR Victims Rights
- Helpful Information