Brian Kim, JD
Brian Kim, JD, joined the Arkansas Colleges of Health Education as the President in July 2019. Over the course of Kim’s distinguished career, he has accumulated over 35 years of legal experience and more than 20 years of academic experience. He recently worked as vice president for the Department of Accreditation and Associate General Counsel for the American Osteopathic Association (AOA), the member organization for more than 145,000 U.S. osteopathic medical doctors and osteopathic medical students. That job also included his role as secretary to the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA), the accrediting agency for all osteopathic medical schools.
Kim was the first Asian American judge appointed to the District Court of Maryland for Montgomery County. He presided over criminal and civil dockets in a trial court of limited jurisdiction. He also served as Deputy Counsel for the Office of the Attorney General of Maryland for the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration.
A native of Seoul, South Korea, Kim has completed 101 marathons, including the Boston Marathon and the New York City Marathon. He is an accomplished violinist and has played with numerous orchestras, including the Trinity Chamber Orchestra, in Washington, DC, Chicago Citywide Symphony Orchestra, and serving as concertmaster of the Montgomery Symphony Orchestra.
- Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science and minor in Spanish and Economics
- Boston College Law School, Newton, Massachusetts, Juris Doctorate
- Chicago Bar Association (2017-Present)
- Chicago Bar Association Symphony Orchestra (2017-Present)
- Member, Chicago citywide Symphony Orchestra (2017-Present)
- Maryland State Bar Association
Chair, Asian American Bar Committee (2009-2011)
- American Inns of Court – Montgomery County, Maryland (2002-2011)
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
President, Judicial Council (2009-2011)
Southeast Regional Governor and Board Member (2004-2006)
- National Co-Chair, Thomas Tang International Moot Court Competition
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Maryland, Founding Member
Board Member (2002-2011)
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Greater Washington, D.C.
Board Member (2005-2008)
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Virginia (2005-2010)
- Member, Montgomery Philharmonic Orchestra and Trinity Chamber Orchestra
- Concertmaster, Bethesda Friends Christmas Pageant Orchestra (1998-2016)
- Concertmaster, Montgomery Symphony Orchestra (1997-2016)
- Board Member, Montgomery County Road Runners Club (2012-2013)
- Montgomery United Way, Executive Committee and Trustees Assembly (1996-1999)
- Marathon Running