Assistant/Associate/Professor of Physical Therapy
The Assistant/Associate/Professor of Physical Therapy is responsible for educating entry-level physical therapy professionals pursing a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree. Additionally, he/she will engage in scholarly activities contributing to the school’s agenda and advancing the profession. Faculty provides service to the school, university, and professional communities. In all areas, the faculty contributes to the advancement of ACHE’s mission. (Rank will be determined by qualifications and experience).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the mission, vision and goals of the College and School of Physical Therapy.
- Teach courses as assigned in the faculty member’s area of expertise.
- Maintain and develop teaching effectiveness in accordance with school’s standards.
- Adhere to accreditation standards.
- Provide advisement with students in accordance with school’s standards.
- Contribute to program and curriculum development and assessment appropriate for rank criteria.
- Meet administrative deadlines such as those for submitting course syllabi, student course evaluations, grades, and program evaluation data.
- Develop and maintain a scholarship agenda in accordance with schools and accreditation standards.
- Actively engage in service to the School, College, Community and/ or Profession.
- Participate actively in assignments necessary to advance the service and/or outreach missions of the school.
- Demonstrate collegial relationships with colleagues, supervisors, support staff, and students.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and performance.
- Maintain and uphold a professional development plan that advances the College and School and is consistent with accreditation requirements and rank criteria.
- Other duties assigned by the Dean or his/her designee.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- Post-professional doctoral degree awarded by an institution that is accredited by a USDE-recognized regional accrediting body.
- Clinical Faculty must be licensed as a physical therapist or eligible for license by the Arkansas State Board of Physical Therapy.
- Demonstrated contemporary expertise in an area of teaching responsibility and knowledge of content delivery method (e.g. documentation of continuing professional development, relevant experience, faculty development plan reflecting acquisition of new content, incorporation of feedback from course evaluations).
- Demonstrated (or potential to demonstrate) ongoing scholarly achievement and research expertise.
- Expertise necessary to ensure appropriate curriculum design, content delivery, and program evaluation.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Terminal academic degree (PhD, EdD, DSc) highly desirable.
- Professional Doctoral degree and advanced clinical certification such as OCS, NCS, PCS, SCS or FAAOMPT also highly desired.
- Two years prior teaching experience at the graduate level.
- Demonstrated leadership and productivity in the areas of clinical or professional service, scholarly activity, and/or physical therapy education.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrate a breadth and depth of knowledge in an area(s) of physical therapy education, practice, and/or research appropriate for rank.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the delivery of physical therapy education in the classroom/laboratory and in practice settings for students.
- Demonstrate knowledge of varied educational delivery formats.
- Demonstrate ability to mentor students.
- Demonstrate leadership, organizational, and time management skills.
- Display professionalism for the university in all communication and interaction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- Ability to prioritize and organize numerous and varied assignments.
- Exhibit high-energy and versatility; self-directed.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures set forth by ACHE.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office.
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or firstname.lastname@example.org.