Assistant/Associate/Professor of Occupational Therapy
The professor in the School of Occupational Therapy is responsible for educating entry-level occupational therapy professionals pursing a Doctor of Occupational Therapy. The professor engages in scholarly activities contributing to the school’s agenda and advancing the profession. The professor provides service to the school, university, and professional communities. In all areas, the professor contributes to the advancement of ACHE’s mission. (Rank will be determined by qualifications and experience).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Adhere to accreditation standards.
- Teach courses assigned in the faculty member’s area of expertise.
- Provide advisement with students in accordance with school’s standards.
- Supervise graduate student scholarship endeavors.
- Maintain acceptable teaching effectiveness in accordance with school’s standards.
- Meet administrative deadlines such as those for submitting course syllabi, student course evaluations, grades, and program evaluation data.
- Contribute to program and curriculum development and assessment appropriate for rank criteria.
- Contribute to the school’s scholarship agenda in accordance with school’s benchmarks and rank criteria.
- Participate actively in assignments necessary to advance the service and/or outreach missions of the school, such as school and university committees and professional endeavors appropriate for rank criteria.
- Demonstrate collegial relationships with colleagues, supervisors, support staff, and students.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and performance.
- Maintain and uphold a professional development plan that advances the prestige of the university, school, and is consistent with accreditation requirements and rank criteria.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- Post-professional doctoral degree awarded by an institution that is accredited by a USDE-recognized regional accrediting body. Applicants actively pursuing a post-professional doctoral degree may be considered.
- Initially certified occupational therapist and licensed or eligible for license by the Arkansas State Medical Board.
- Two years of clinical practice experience as an occupational therapist.
- Documented experience in an area of teaching responsibility and knowledge of content delivery method (e.g. documentation of continuing professional development, relevant experience, faculty development plan reflecting acquisition of new content, incorporation of feedback from course evaluations).
- Demonstrated (or potential to demonstrate) ongoing scholarly achievement and research expertise.
- Expertise necessary to ensure appropriate curriculum design, content delivery, and program evaluation.
- Demonstrated leadership and productivity in the areas of clinical or professional service, scholarly activity, and/or occupational therapy education.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrate a breadth and depth of knowledge in an area(s) of occupational therapy education, practice, and/or research appropriate for rank.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the delivery of occupational therapy education in the classroom/laboratory and in practice settings for students.
- Demonstrate knowledge of varied educational delivery formats.
- Demonstrate ability to mentor students.
- Demonstrate leadership, organizational, and time management skills.
- Display professionalism for the university in all communication and interaction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- Ability to prioritize and organize numerous and varied assignments.
- Exhibit high-energy and versatility; self-directed.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures set forth by ACHE.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office.
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or email@example.com.