Ray Stowers, DO
Dr. Ray E. Stowers is the Chairman of External/Alumni Relations Arkansas Colleges of Health Education and was the founding Dean of Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine. Prior to joining ACHE, Dr. Stowers was the Founding Dean of Lincoln Memorial University-DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM) in Harrogate, Tennessee. Other previous positions include Associate Dean for Rural Health at Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine.
A longstanding member of the American Osteopathic Association (AOA), Dr. Stowers has served on the Board of Trustees since 2000 and is a past President of the AOA. He is a past president of the Oklahoma Osteopathic Association, which also honored him with the A.T. Still Award of Excellence in 2008. He was named Family Physician of the Year by the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians. In 2011, Tennessee Osteopathic Medical Association (TOMA) honored Dr. Stowers with the Paul Grayson Smith, Sr., Physician of the Year Award. He has received multiple awards from Lincoln Memorial University including the naming of an auditorium in his honor.
On a national level, Stowers has advised Congress on health care issues through his appointments to the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission, better known as MedPAC, and the Physician Payment Review Commission.
Dr. Stowers and his wife, Peggy, have four children and nine grandchildren.
- Tulsa Regional Medical Center – Tulsa, Oklahoma Rotating Internship
- The University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (now known as, Kansas City University of medicine and Biosciences College of Osteopathic Medicine)
- Phillips University – Enid, Oklahoma, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Arts
- Lifetime Achievement Award – American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians, 2016
- Distinguished Public Service Award – Oklahoma State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, 1994
- Boy Scouts of America
- Eagle Scout
- God and Country Award
- Order of the Arrow
- Rodeo/Team Roping
- Draft Horses