Louay Nassri, MD, FAAP, FCCP
After completing his education at Tulane University in New Orleans, LA, Louay Nassri, MD returned to Syria and taught Pediatric Pulmonology at his alma mater, Damascus University School of Medicine. He returned to the U.S. in 1980 where he established the Pediatric Department at Holt-Krock Clinic in Fort Smith, AR. He practiced both General and Pulmonary Pediatrics until 2016. In 2017, he joined the newly established Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine, ARCOM, in Fort Smith as Chair of Pediatrics.
Dr. Nassri is active in the community, promoting peace in societies and managing diversity through education and communication among all different ethnicity, religions, races and national origins.
- Graduated from Medical School in Damascus Syria, Top in Class
- Pediatric Residency at Charity Hospital of Louisiana
- Fellowship in Pediatric Pulmonology at Tulane University, New Orleans, LA
- Diplomat of the American Board of Pediatrics
- Past diplomat of the American Sub-Board of Pediatric Pulmonology
- Best Intern at Huron Road Hospital in Cleveland, Ohio, 1968
- Governor for Arkansas of the American College of Chest Physicians 2003-2009
- TradeMark Top Dr., Honor’s division 2018
- Leading Physician of the World and Top Pediatric Pulmonologist, recognized by the International association of HealthCare Providers
Areas of Expertise/Interest
- General Pediatrics
- Pediatric Pulmonology
- Physiology and clinical manifestations of small airways involvement