Alexis Kendrick, PT, DPT
Alexis Kendrick is a new assistant professor in the School of Physical Therapy. She earned her Doctor of Physical Therapy degree in 2016 from Arkansas State University and a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from Arkansas Tech University in 2010. She has worked as a licensed physical therapist in Michigan and Arkansas treating a variety of patients in acute care, geriatrics, women’s health, and pediatrics. She has devoted extra time to her special interests, including pelvic health and hippotherapy. While serving on faculty, she also will be a part-time student, working toward an additional degree, a Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership.
- Pursuing Doctor of Education Liberty University, Lynchburg VA Field of Study: Educational Leadership Anticipated completion: Fall 2022 Degree: Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Arkansas State University, Jonesboro AR Field of Study: Physical Therapy August 2013 – May 2016 Degree: Bachelor of Science
- Arkansas Tech University, Russellville AR Field of Study: Mechanical Engineering August 2005 – May 2010
- Awarded a grant to fund women’s health physical therapy for $200,000 while early in her academic career at previous institution.
- Completed American Hippotherapy Association, Inc. Level 1 & Level 2 Treatment Principles through the American Hippotherapy Association
Areas of Expertise/Interest
- Pelvic Health Physical Therapy