Dawn James, PT, DPT, DSc
Dr. James is a physical therapist who practices in early intervention and school-based physical therapy. In addition to clinical practice, she volunteers with USA Paralympics as Track and Field Classifier and is currently serving on a national taskforce to develop best practices and resources for physical therapy assessment and treatment of individuals with concussion. Dr. James is a Board Certified Specialist in Pediatric Physical Therapy with research interests in dosing of pediatric physical therapy, adapted sports, and pediatric sports related concussion. She holds a Doctorate in Physical Therapy from AT Still University and a Doctor of Science from the University of Oklahoma.
- Rockhurst University, Kansas City, MO – BS, entry-level physical therapy degree
- AT Still University, Mesa, AZ – Doctor of Physical Therapy
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK – Doctor of Science in Rehabilitation Sciences
- Appointed to the Diversity Affairs Taskforce, Ethics and Professionalism Council of the Quality Practice Committee, and the Government Affairs Committee
- Recipient of the CPTA Charles M. Magistro Serivce Award, 2020
- Named to the Academy of Advanced Item Writers, Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy, 2019
- Named DPT Faculty of the Year- West Coast University, 2017
- Recipient of the Memorial Fund Scholarship, American Physical Therapy Association, Section on Pediatrics, 2011
Areas of Expertise/Interest
Primary teaching interests and expertise include Pediatrics, Professionalism including Law and Ethics, Simulation in Physical Therapy Education, Inter-professional Education and International Service Learning.