Ashley Gerhardson, PhD
Dr. Ashley N. Gerhardson was born in Fort Smith, Arkansas and raised in Heavener, Oklahoma. She graduated from Heavener High School and continued her studies at the University of Arkansas – Fort Smith. She received her BS in Secondary Education English from the University of Arkansas- Fort Smith, earned a M.Ed. in Workforce Development Education and a Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction from the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, and holds an Educational Leadership certification from Arkansas State University.
Ashley’s career began at Northside High School where she served as a Pre-AP English Teacher for two years and then as the Advanced Placement English Lead and Language Teacher for two years. She has served as a Literacy Instructional Facilitator and Interventionist for the last 6.5 years at Darby Junior High School in the Fort Smith Public Schools.
Ashley is married, and her husband, Luke, is a CPA. They live in Van Buren, AR and enjoy spending time with family and friends, traveling, and fishing.
- 2007- Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education English from University of Arkansas- Fort Smith
- 2011- Master of Education in Workforce Development Education from University of Arkansas
- 2015- Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction from University of Arkansas
- 2016- Building Level Principal Certification from Arkansas State University
- Educational Research
- Curriculum Alignment
- Curriculum Mapping
- Workforce (Faculty) Development
- Adult Learning
Areas of Expertise / Interest