Vice President and Chief Technology Officer
The Vice President and Chief Technology Officer is responsible for managing the Department of Information Systems and Technology for ACHE and all of its divisions by assessing the business information technology needs and establishing goals and objectives through collaboration with department heads.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Stay updated on changes within the Information Systems and Technology field.
- Develop, organize, direct and evaluate information technology functions and performance.
- Maximize information technology by researching and evaluating innovations and trends in the IT industry.
- Prepare, manage, and administer the approved budget of the IT department.
- Manage and review vendor contracts and agreements related to the IT department.
- Manage support staff of the IT department.
- Responsible for the recruitment of direct reports and the oversight of recruitment of all IT staff.
- Through collaboration with ACHE Administration continually assess business information technology needs of the Arkansas Colleges of Health Education and all of its divisions.
- Analyze and manage impact of IT conversions through consultation and coordination with stakeholders.
- Participate on approved college committees to ensure that ACHE’s core values are met with an emphasis on continued improvement.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and performance.
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to, and understanding of the diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of faculty, staff, and students.
- Demonstrate an ongoing ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors and support staff.
- Demonstrate adaptability and the willingness to assist the college in fulfilling its mission and vision through IT duties and/or perform special duties as assigned.
- Advance the prestige of ACHE through participation in community service.
- Other duties as assigned by the President & CEO.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Five years (5) progressive experience in the management and delivery of high quality technology assets.
- Three years (3) experience in a leadership and manager role.
- In depth expertise guiding the successful integration and implementation of an enterprise solution encompassing data management across a regulated environment.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- Seven years (7) progressive experience in the management and delivery of high quality technology assets.
- Five years (5) experience in a leadership and manager role.
- Experience in the management and delivery of technology assets in an academic environment.
- Experience in the management and delivery of technology assets in a medical environment.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Proficiency in database applications, computer concepts and terminology.
- Advanced knowledge of advanced PC troubleshooting skills and diagnostic skills.
- Proficiency in networking technology.
- Advanced knowledge of computer application development.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret computer programs and make sound decisions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to present complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to prioritize, delegate, and monitor multiple tasks and assignments.
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or email@example.com.
Arkansas Colleges of Health Education is an equal opportunity employer.