The Support Manager will provide vision and strategic planning for all end user support for the University. This position reports direct to the Vice President & Chief Technology Officer and will be responsible for leading ACHE’s technical support services team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the liaison between Support and other departments within the Office of Information Systems & Technology.
- Tier 1 and 2 support of staff, faculty, and students with IT requirements.
- Analyze and support systems including testing and debugging.
- Support of Windows 10, Office 2016, Office365, PaperCut, Active Directory, Adobe products, Camtasia, and various desktop applications.
- Maximize information technology by researching innovations and trends in the IT industry.
- Promote effective working relationships with administration, faculty, staff, students and outside contacts including contractors and vendors.
- Assist with the implementation and support of Information Systems and Technology needs related to infrastructure, applications and technology.
- Provide comradery based on ethics and principles as they relate to the IT activities of ACHE.
- Maintain client confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- Fast learner with an eagerness to learn and share technical knowledge.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to adapt to change.
- Two years of technology and application support in a leadership role.
- Five years of experience in supporting technology and/or applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or technical certifications.
- Five years of experience in leading technical support in higher education.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- May be required to work outside the standard M-F work schedule and hours.
- Ability to learn infrastructure, applications, and technology terminology.
- Ability to gain knowledge of troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret computer programs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to present complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to prioritize, delegate, and monitor multiple tasks and assignments.
- Demonstrate an ability to work as a group member; team player.
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to, and understanding of the diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of faculty, staff, and students.
- Demonstrate an ongoing ability to work cooperatively with colleagues.
- Demonstrate adaptability and the willingness to assist the college in fulfilling its mission and vision through IT duties and/or perform special duties as assigned.
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or firstname.lastname@example.org.