Student Services and Activities Coordinator
The Student Services and Activities Coordinator will support the Office of Student Affairs with advisement and coordination in student activities, and student support services. This position will coordinate student organization events, orientation programs, student meetings, service projects, student fund-raising events, student travel, and large-scale student events. Weekends and evenings will be required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule, plan, and attend student organization events and meetings and lead the elections process for all registered student organizations
- Train and mentor newly-elected leaders in student organizations
- Manage the student events master calendar
- Plan the ARCOM Ambassador selection process and training events
- Manage OSA vendors contacts and responsible for initial review of program contracts
- Coordinate the management of student organization budgets
- Oversee the application/request process for student elections, student events, conference participation
- Coordinate student travel with the appropriate College personnel
- Responsible for advisement of lead advisors for student Academies
- Lead faculty advisor orientation for student organizations
- Coordinate and plan student Academy programming and student assignment into Academies
- Facilitate efforts with Academic Affairs for students in academic distress and scheduled for ‘at risk’ intervention programming
- Assist with prospective student interviews, new student orientation, and other College events as needed
- Develop and maintain student programming traditions for the College
- Work frequently with student information system (SIS), constituent relationship management system (CRM)
- Interact effectively as a member of a team, work collaboratively with other departments and maintain a positive attitude.
- Demonstrate ability to work as a productive and positive group member and team player.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and performance.
- Demonstrate ongoing ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors, and support staff.
- Commit to the highest level of ethical behavior and refrain from conflict of interest or the perception thereof.
- Maintain confidentiality and protect the privacy of individual records.
- Provide service to the college community and students through serving on various committees and providing leadership, mentorship and expertise to students as needed.
- Participate in professional organizations or groups as assigned by the Executive Director of Student Affairs and Student Services
- Demonstrate adaptability and willingness to assist the college in fulfilling its mission and vision through administrative duties and community service and/or perform special duties as assigned.
- Advance the prestige of ARCOM through advancement of its mission and vision.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager or his/her designee
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in higher education setting
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in student activities, marketing, public relations, event planning, or other related higher education field.
- Previous student activities experience at a health professions college or medical school
- Experience with presentations, events, and exemplary customer service
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to work with diverse student body
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
- Ability to prepare and present information to small and large groups.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to work in a high-volume, fast-paced, goal-oriented atmosphere, both independently and as part of a unified team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or email@example.com