Specialty Medicine Chair
The Specialty Medicine Chair will be responsible for the planning, directing, and implementation of programs, policies, and procedures for the Department of Specialty Medicine to ensure the integration of scientifically based, outcome evaluated clinical knowledge and skills, biomedical sciences, and osteopathic principles and practices for predoctoral and/or postdoctoral students.
- Terminal degree (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, preferred) with current Board Certification in appropriate area of specialization if applicable.
- Three years (3) academic experience as a full time faculty member at a College of Osteopathic Medicine, College of Allopathic Medicine, Academic Health Care Teaching Center or five years (5) experience as a full time faculty member in a Graduate Medical Education Program.
- Demonstrated leadership, productivity and administrative experience in a clinical, professional, research or educational settings.
- Good standing with all regulatory and governmental boards and agencies.
- Eligible for coverage by college’s malpractice insurer if applicable.
- Five years (5) academic experience as a full time faculty member at a College of Osteopathic Medicine, College of Allopathic Medicine, Academic Health Care Teaching Center or seven years (7) experience as a full time faculty member in a Graduate Medical Education program.
- Demonstrated leadership and productivity in the areas of clinical or professional service, scholarly activity, medical research or education.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the delivery of medical education in the classroom, laboratory, simulation and standardized laboratory settings and in clinical settings for students and residents.
- Demonstrate knowledge of varied curriculum template and educational formats.
- Demonstrate ability to mentor and motivate students and peers.
- Demonstrate a depth of knowledge in one or more of the medical, psychological, or social disciplines required for the education of medical students, the practice of medicine, the advancement of medical knowledge and research.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, organizational skills, delegation skills, and time management skills.