Simulation Lab Coordinator
The Simulation Lab Coordinator will coordinate the daily operations of the simulation lab, organize and coordinate educational activities, assist in logistics and design of simulation activities, participate in the training of health professionals by preparing and programming simulation cases, setting up and maintaining simulation areas, communicate with faculty, students, staff and general public and foster a welcoming learning and testing environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Create and maintain data base for simulation maintenance, supplies and equipment.
- Ensure facility and simulation equipment are set-up for all simulation sessions.
- Provide technical support for all simulation operations, software, including preparation, maintenance and repair of computerized manikins.
- Assist faculty on (i.e.) manikins, task trainers, standardized patients, and computer simulations software
- Trouble shoot manikins, task trainers, and computer software
- Assist in organizing and facilitating clinical skills activities for all ACHE programs
- Assist in organizing, editing and development of simulation cases and conducting medical cases and exams that use simulation technologies (such as manikins, task trainers, standardized patients, and computer simulations software.
- Assist in developing and generating outcome reports for simulation activities.
- Maintain standardized patients and simulation clinic with supplies, equipment, etc.
- Cross train to recruit and train Standardized Patients
- Assist in program development and marketing.
- Cross train, support and fill in for the Standardized Patient Center coordinator daily activities, operations, maintenance, testing and training when needed
- Other duties as assigned by direct report.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree in business, management, administration, computer science, technology, health sciences, science, healthcare or related field
- High school Diploma or Equivalent plus 2 years’ experience working in healthcare, medical education, technology, education or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, management, administration, computer science, technology, health sciences, science, healthcare or related field
- 4 years’ experience working in healthcare, medical education, technology, education or related field
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and general public.
- Ability to produce quality work at efficient speed.
- Ability to judge handling sensitive and confidential materials.
- Ability to initiate and make appropriate and timely decisions.
- Ability to learn computer and application skills as applicable to role.
- Ability to make judgments in demanding situations.
- Ability to react to frequent changes in duties and volume of work.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office.
- Display professionalism for the college in all communication and interaction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- Ability to prioritize and organize numerous and varied assignments
- Willingness to take initiative
- Ability to understand workflows and plan ahead
- Teamwork skills
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or email@example.com.