Senior Associate Dean
The Senior Associate Dean of the Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine is responsible for assisting the mission, vision, goals, strategic plan, preparation of the budget once approved by the administration and Board of Trustees, including the educational outcomes of the students and graduates, curriculum development, delivery, evaluation and revision. The Senior Associate Dean assisting faculty and staff recruitment and hiring as well as faculty development, evaluation and retention for the COM. The Senior Associate Dean assist the Dean to ensure that the COM has the resources, facilities, faculty, staff and affiliations required for delivery of the educational, service and research missions of the COM. The Senior Associate Dean represents the COM professionally to public, governmental and professional organizations, groups and individuals. The Senior Associate Dean is responsible to advance the professional and public standing of the COM.
- Doctoral degree.
- Experience in academic medical education as an Assistant or Associate Dean.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Provost, Assistant or Associate Dean.
- Clinical, academic, business operations, and legal experience and expertise suitable to allow him/her to provide mentorship and leadership for students and faculty.
- Professional involvement and positions of leadership within the Osteopathic Profession, its associations and organizations.
- Experience with scholarly activities, publishing, scientific research, writing, evaluation and management of grants.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the delivery of medical education in the classroom, laboratory, simulation and standardized laboratory settings and in clinical settings for students and residents.
- Demonstrate knowledge of varied curriculum template and educational formats.
- Demonstrate ability to mentor and motivate students and peers.
- Demonstrate a depth of knowledge in one or more of the medical, psychological, or social disciplines required for the education of medical students, the practice of medicine, the advancement of medical knowledge and research.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, organizational skills, delegation skills, and time management skills.
- Requires a minimum of 20% travel or time away from campus; and up to 50%.
To learn more or to apply, please visit our website: