The Receptionist will be responsible for a wide range of day-to-day duties relative to maintaining a professional representation of ACHE/ARCOM as the first point of contact for the organization and acting as administrative support for various departments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Professionally welcomes and greets guests in the main lobby, directing to the appropriate department and/or making announcement of the guests’ arrival.
- Manages incoming calls and refers caller to appropriate individual, transferring calls as applicable to individual or if unavailable to administrative support or voice mail.
- Provides callers with information such as ARCOM address, directions to ARCOM, web site, or other related information.
- Provides assistance to students, employees, and visitors in the Campus Store, to include sales, assisting customers, inventory, stocking.
- Process purchase requisitions for VP & COO, Procurement Manager, Director of HR and the Security Department.
- Responds to inquiries from guests in person and to callers on the phone.
- Responsible for ordering general office supplies and maintaining adequate inventory for the staff and faculty.
- Responsible for ordering name badges and business cards.
- Ensure that the entrance area, main lobby, atrium and student dining area are professionally maintained.
- Monitor and control entry access systems.
- Provide feedback for better serving guests and callers.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President and Chief Operating Officer or his/her designee.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Experience in a professional office environment.
- Receptionist experience and/or acting as the first point of contact for callers and guests in person at an organization or business.
- Associates degree or greater.
- Two Years (2) experience serving as receptionist and/or administrative support in a professional office environment.
- Experience working in an educational environment.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to handle financial transactions & utilize/manage spreadsheet and inventories.
- Ability to assist all employees and guests as a team player.
- Ability to convey professionalism as first point of contact for ARCOM.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Position requires excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Good computer skills. Proficient use of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to learn and take instruction.
- Ability to create and refine processes.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or firstname.lastname@example.org.