Program Coordinator for Master of Science in Biomedicine
The Program Coordinator for MSB assists the Program Director in achieving the Arkansas College of Health Education (ACHE) Mission through the development and implementation of a comprehensive student recruitment plan for the Master of Science in Biomedicine (MSB) program. The Program Coordinator for MSB assists with a variety of student services. These duties include: Ensuring the timely processing and completion of applications for admission, arranging and coordinating the interview process, assisting with financial aid advisement and processing, and ensuring the distribution of application materials to the admission committee for review and evaluation. The Program Coordinator further assists the Program Director with operational management of program components including the preparation of schedules, course documents, and syllabi. The Program Coordinator reports primarily to the Director of Admissions of ACHE but also reports to the Program Director for Master Science in Biomedicine (MSB).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide dynamic and creative leadership and advice to the Office of Admissions, including the development and continual improvement of systems and processes designed to meet enrollment goals and in establishing a superior academic profile of the MSB class.
- In coordination with the ARCOM Admissions staff, develop admissions policies that ensure consistent selection criteria, including parameters for selecting applicants to interview.
- Strategic planning, development, administration and supervision of the implementation of all relevant ACHE admissions policies and office procedures related to the MSB Program.
- Coordinate all activities involved with the interview and selection process of student applicants to the MSB program.
- In coordination with the ARCOM Admissions staff, conduct annual Interviewer training and Admissions Committee training.
- Maintain individual and summary records of MSB applications, the admission review process and admission review outcomes for internal and external reviewers, including accrediting agencies.
- Serve as the institutional liaison to the Post Baccalaureate Centralized Application Service (POSTBACCAS).
- Collaborate with the ACHE Director of Marketing to develop and implement a communications and visibility plan that strengthens the medical school’s reputation with professional audiences and its attractiveness to prospective medical students.
- Work in cooperation with the Director of Marketing and ARCOM Director of Admissions to develop and execute marketing initiatives, manage constituent communications, oversee publications (print and electronic), and plan events to promote student recruitment.
- Counsel prospective applicants, answer phone, e-mail and other inquiries.
- Maintain and monitor inquiry, application, enrollment and retention records and statistics to identify enrollment trends for the purpose of maintaining appropriate enrollment levels.
- Collaborate with the Director of Information Technology to ensure integration of admission data through an electronic process with the Colleges’ data management systems.
- Travel for recruitment (local, state, and national) to include delivering presentations to pre-med classes, clubs, and other interested groups at graduate and professional school fairs and job/career fairs for recruitment purposes.
- Determine cost-effectiveness and recruitment yield of various recruitment activities.
- Assist with Student Orientation.
- Plan for and actively participate in team meetings to ensure existing and new or changing policies, procedures, and recruitment and retention initiatives are envisioned, communicated, and implemented effectively.
- Attend conferences, workshops, seminars and webinars for professional development.
- Maintain a personal and professional development plan to assure personal growth and continued competency within the field.
- Protect the privacy of individual application records.
- Provide service to the college community and students through serving on ACHE and department committees, providing leadership, mentorship and expertise to students.
- Participate in professional organizations or groups as suggested by the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and the MSB Program Director.
- Demonstrate adaptability and the willingness to assist the college in fulfilling its mission and vision through administrative duties and community service and/or perform special duties as assigned.
- Advance the prestige of ACHE through advancement of its mission and vision.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 – 5 years progressive experience within college admissions
- Master’s degree
- Five (5) or more years progressive experience within college admissions
- Previous admissions experience at a health professions college or medical school
- Leadership experience
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and performance.
- Represent the ACHE in a highly ethical manner in all recruitment activities on and off campus.
- Demonstrate and role model an ongoing ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors and support staff.
- Commit to the highest level of ethical behavior and refrain from conflict of interest or the perception thereof.
- Work effectively with people who have diverse ideas and perspectives.
- Demonstrate an ability to work as a group leader and group member; team player.
- Maintain a neat, professional office environment that projects a positive image to visitors of the College.
- Interact effectively as a member of a team, work collaboratively with other departments and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to travel throughout the U.S.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and proof of insurance required. Must provide own dependable transportation.
- Ability to work without close supervision and set one’s own priorities and work schedule
- Familiarity with enterprise CRMs and Student Information Systems
- Excellent planning, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to utilize query and database tools to develop and produce accurate information and provide data analysis
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to work in a high-volume, fast-paced, goal-oriented atmosphere, both independently and as part of a unified team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or email@example.com.