Dean of the School of Physician Assistant Studies
The Dean of the School of Physician Assistant Studies will plan and develop the Physician Assistant program and be responsible for pursuing the accreditation process with the Accreditation Review Commission for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) to a successful completion. Through his/her leadership and management skills, the Dean will work towards making the ACHE PA program a nationally recognized program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for leadership and administration of program.
- Develop a program which meets all aspects of ARC-PA accreditation standards
- Coordinate with other campus educators in related programs to maximize the effective use of resources for the benefit of students
- Develop strong relationships with clinical training sites and other health providers in the area to establish a lasting presence in the preparation of Physician Assistants who serve the needs of the state and region
- Develop a budget for the program and work within the approved budget
- Responsible for staffing the program and recruitment of the staff/faculty
- Management of staff and faculty for the program
- Performs other related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- Graduation from an ARC-PA accredited Physician Assistant Program
- Current NCCPA Certification in good standing
- Active PA license with eligibility for licensure in Arkansas
- 3 years of experience in an academic-based role, as an assistant/associate program director, academic coordinator or clinical coordinator
- Clinical Experience as a practicing PA
- Demonstrated effective leadership and management experience
- Prior experience with patient simulation using patient care simulators/standardized models
- Experience with program review, assessment and program analysis
- Experience supervising faculty and staff in an academic environment
- Experience with preparation for and participation in at least one ARC-PA site visit
- Experience at an academic institution with lines of reporting and accountability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Earned doctorate and previous experience as a Program Director of an ARC-PA accredited program in an institution of higher education
- 5 years of Clinical Experience as a practicing PA
- Demonstrated record of scholarly research
- Experience with advising of undergraduate students into professional programs
- Experience managing program budgets within an institution
- Experience developing and implementing curriculum in a PA or related program
- Experience with strategic planning and implementation within an institution
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office.
- Display professionalism for the college in all communication and interaction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- Ability to prioritize and organize numerous and varied assignments.
- High-energy, versatile, self-directed.
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or email@example.com.