The Coordinator for the Chair of the Osteopathic Principles and Practice (OPP) will assist the department chair in the administration of the OPP courses for medical students. Duties will include assisting and supporting the OPP Chair and faculty with the daily operation and administration of the OPP Department.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of experience in an administrative support role
- Some experience or teachable with audio visual equipment
- College degree
- 4 years of experience in an administrative support role
- 2 years of employment experience with audio visual equipment
- Experience in an educational setting with faculty and students
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office.
- Display professionalism for the college in all communication and interaction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- Ability to prioritize and organize numerous and varied assignments.
- High-energy, versatile, self-directed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Assists with weekly OPP laboratories, 1) including organization of class groups, communication of assignments, attendance and grade tracking 2) Prepares handouts and distributes to faculty and/or students for labs 3) Tracks laboratory hours for faculty who instruct OPP labs, including CME Credits 4) Prepares report of CME credits for chair approval and forwards to AOA 5) Ensures that OMT tables are properly arranged and cleaned prior to labs, etc.
- Audiovisual responsibilities to include coordinating with IT, operating the camera, making photos and videos of OPP techniques
- Creates PowerPoint records or Microsoft Word records for student review of laboratory techniques.
- Coordinates with IT and Medical Education to ensure that AV equipment is in working order and presentation are in place prior to lab
- Assists the chair of OPP and other faculty presenting the laboratory by operating the camera allowing the best streaming of OMT techniques
- Makes photographs and video clips of OPP techniques for students to review
- Works with the chair of OPP, IT, and Medical Education to tabulate these video clips and ensure access to students
- Assist the Chair of OPP and faculty with the administration and preparation of practical and written examinations and coordination with full-time and adjunct faculty
- Assists the Chair of OPP and faculty with in creating PowerPoint, Word, and Excel presentations
- Ensures that appropriate materials for OPP are posted on CANVAS, the student portal for study materials
- Assists Chair of OPP with the creation and maintenance of the syllabus.
- Other duties as assigned by the OPP Chair, or his/her designee