The Medical Librarian (Office of Academic Affairs) will help students, faculty and staff with locating and recommending source materials as well as determining what type of materials are required for their project or course study. Additionally, he/she will provide instruction on basic computer skills, educate them on policies and how to use library resources. Responsibilities may also include teaching classes or giving instruction on how to utilize new technology and information comprehension.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- Masters of Library Science
- 5+ years’ experience working in a library setting
- Experience with electronic databases of library materials
- 7+ years’ experience working in a library setting
- Library experience in a medical or health related discipline
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Must be available during week days, however, weekend and even hours may be periodically required.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office.
- Display professionalism for the college in all communication and interaction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- Ability to prioritize and organize numerous and varied assignments.
- High-energy, versatile, self-directed.