Kirk Redwine retired as a Captain from the Fort Smith Police Department after serving nearly 30 years. In addition to working many years as a Patrol Officer, Redwine was also a member of the Police Motorcycle Division, where he became an Accident Reconstructionist. In 1995, Redwine became one of the first of six Police Bicycle officers for the department and eventually became the supervisor of that Unit. Redwine worked in the Service Division as well as the Training Division, receiving state certification as a Law Enforcement Instructor as well as a Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor.
Officer Redwine lives in Van Buren with his wife, Stephanie. They have three children, Jordan, Payton and Blake and three grandchildren, Issabella, Cambria and James.
- Graduate of Arkansas Law Enforcement Training Academy, Camden, AR
- 1993 Officer of the Year
- Judge Paul Wolfe Outstanding Young Officer Award (1993)
- Motor Vehicle Accident Reconstructionist
- Law Enforcement General Instructor
- Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor
- International Police Mountain Bike Instructor
- Graduate of the School for Law Enforcement Supervision, Criminal Justice Institute, Little Rock, AR
Areas of Expertise and Interests
- Law Enforcement Administration
- Police Special Operations
- Firearms / Firearms Training
- Mountain Biking