The HVAC Building Maintenance Technician will work with the Director of Buildings and Grounds to provide support for the building and equipment to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for students and staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform routine preventative and predictive maintenance on building equipment to insure HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems are in constant working order.
- Diagnose and repair of electronic, mechanical and electrical components of these systems.
- Electrical and mechanical repairs such as installing switches and replacing outlets.
- Repair of light fixtures and replacement of faulty bulbs.
- Operation and minor repair of Fire Alarm system.
- Perform building rounds to check and log status of equipment.
- Respond to emergency situations in order to resolve issues on an immediate basis.
- Provide ice/snow removal or de-icing at entrance ways during inclement weather to provide safe access.
- Observe all company procedures and safety rules.
- Repair of leaks in drains and faucets.
- Minor repair and painting of walls as required.
- Material handling at receiving dock and delivery in building.
- Door hardware maintenance and repair.
- Troubleshooting and repair of irrigation system.
- Furniture and chair moving as needed.
- Maintain inventory of maintenance equipment and supplies.
- Inspection, repair and replacement duties pertaining to pumps, valves and boiler systems.
- Available for emergency needs after hours.
- Participate in company provided training opportunities.
- Cleaning of mechanical rooms.
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- High school degree or equivalent.
- 5 years HVAC experience.
- 5 years’ experience in all phases of building maintenance.
- Trade school training.
- EPA Certification.
- HVAC Contractor’s License.
- 10 years HVAC experience in commercial/educational environment.
- 10 years’ experience in all phases of building maintenance.
- EPA Universal Certification.
- OHSA knowledge in field of experience.
- BAS system experience.
Required Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Highly organized.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Technical mechanical proficiency related to proper operation and general maintenance of equipment.
- Strong trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills involving plumbing, electrical and HVAC.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and manuals.
- Professional work ethic with attention to details.
- Knowledge of safety equipment in the maintenance field.
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, Director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or email@example.com.