Human Resources Coordinator
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for the administrative support of day-to-day operations of the department and performs a wide range of duties relative to the maintenance and processing of personnel records, recruitment, payroll, and benefits. Additionally, the position supports management, staff, and faculty with Human Resources related tasks.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain highly confidential personnel files and personnel actions.
- Respond to general inquiries from faculty, staff, and candidates.
- Provide assistance with recruitment; including appropriate tracking activities and maintaining job postings for College’s web sites and external sites.
- Perform HRIS data entry and personnel file maintenance.
- Create and maintain current organizational charts in Visio.
- Assist with preparation and execution of payroll.
- Assist staff and faculty with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Assist with onboarding of new employees and new employee orientation.
- Assist with invoice balancing with employee benefit vendors.
- Assist with benefits administration including 1) new hire enrollment 2) annual open enrollment, 3) assisting staff and faculty with questions and basic understanding of the benefit package
- Maintain HR documents and updates on employee intranet, (SharePoint) and in payroll system for viewing by employees.
- Assist with essential training and tracking of training, i.e. supervisory training, harassment prevention training, etc..
- Assists the HR Manager and Director of HR with special projects
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Five years of experience in a professional office environment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain highly confidential information in the field of Human Resources, payroll, the finance industry, or HIPAA related information.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work-related experience
- Two + years of experience in the HR field
- Knowledge of employment law
- Experience with payroll administration
- Experience with administration of benefits
- Experience with creating presentations and organizational charts
- Experience with VISIO
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or email@example.com.