Provide high-level administrative support by coordinating scholarly activity/research for students, preparing GME/CME reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. Coordinate activities of affiliated and or sponsored residency programs. Assist with site visits for accreditation of newly formed residency programs. Provide support to the Associate Dean of GME and Executive Director of Clinical Resources and CME.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and direct GME/CME office services.
- Function as a liaison between department managers, the faculty, administrators, staff, students and outside contacts on a daily basis to promote effective working relationships.
- Facilitate special requests for Associate Dean and Departmental Managers.
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, budgetary statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Manage the professional schedule of the Associate Dean and department managers including travel arrangements and expense reports.
- Attend meetings to record minutes.
- Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Perform general office duties, such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management database systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
- Coordinate residency program needs for all affiliated and sponsored programs.
- Primary liaison between the Residency Programs and GME Faculty within the Office of Graduate Medical Education and affiliated teaching sites concerning Residency Program matters.
- Performs data management, tracking and reporting functions utilizing various Graduate Medical Education software programs.
- Maintains proficiency in accrediting body and specialty certification board requirements and monitors program compliance.
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements, such as coordinating catering for luncheons for meetings.
- Assume responsibility for the development and administration of specific projects as assigned.
- Anticipate problems, critical issues, and opportunities and advise the Associate Dean and department managers accordingly.
- Demonstrate and role model an ongoing ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, faculty, supervisors and support staff.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and performance.
- Provide service to the college community and students through serving on college and department committees, providing leadership, mentorship and expertise to students, participating in community outreach events and professional organizations or groups as assigned.
- Demonstrate adaptability and the willingness to assist the college in fulfilling its mission and vision through administrative duties and community service and/or perform special duties as assigned.
- Advance the prestige of the college through advancement of and avocation for its mission and vision.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of GME or his/her designee.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent office administration experience
- Two years (2) experience in a similar office administration role
- Experience in a professional office work environment for a large organization
- Excellent Excel experience for detailed tracking
- Bachelor’s degree
- Graduate medical education with GME & CME experience
- Three years (3) experience as Administrative Assistant
- Experience at an accredited university, health professions college or medical school
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office
- Display professionalism for the college in all communication and interaction
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Ability to prioritize and organize numerous and varied assignments
- High-energy, versatile, self-directed.
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or email@example.com.