Dennis Bauer was born in Paris, Arkansas, and has resided exclusively in Arkansas ever since. He attended Subiaco Academy and graduated with a B.S. in Accounting from Arkansas Tech University. Dennis has spent most of his career in hospital finance, holding numerous positions at Sparks Regional Medical Center in Fort Smith, Arkansas, including Internal Auditor, Director of Business Services, Director of Treasury Services, Controller, and Assistant Chief Financial Officer. Following the sale of Sparks, he most recently served as Chief Financial Officer for The Degen Foundation and Fort Smith Regional Healthcare Foundation.
Bauer received his Certified Public Accounting certificate in 1978 and practiced in public accounting for a short while before joining Sparks Regional Medical Center. He and his wife Fran live in Fort Smith and are the parents of four sons, Casey, Corey, Jason, and Brad. He and his wife have nine grandchildren.
- 1976 – Bachelor of Sciences in Accounting from Arkansas Tech University
- Chairman, Board of Fort Smith Emergency Medical Services, 2015 to present
- Chairman, Board of Rivertown Federal Credit Union, 2010 to present
- President, Good Neighbor Foundation, 1998-2000
Areas of Expertise/Interest
- Following grandchildren’s accomplishments
- Spectator sports of all kind
- Yard work or any activity that gets him outside