Executive Director of Student Affairs/Services
Provide and direct professional oversight, support and guidance within the Office of Student Affairs and to osteopathic medical students as they advance during their pre-doctoral medical studies and careers at the Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Provide support and select oversight for all areas of student affairs including admissions, financial aid, student services, and the coordination of special events including, but not limited to, Student Orientation, White Coat Ceremony, DO Day on the Hill, and Graduation. Will provide supervision to student clubs and organizations including Student Government Association (SGA), and will ensure that all policies and procedures are followed in the creation and operation of the organizations. This position will also be engaged with the Office of Academic Affairs concerning the advising functions within the college, including faculty development for mentoring of students, oversight of faculty members as mentors, and evaluation of the mentoring and counseling functions of the college and faculty.
- This position will often serve as a liaison between departments within the OSA and the Office of the Associate Dean of Student Affairs and will supervise staff as directed by the Associate Dean.
- Will offer support to the Office of Academic Affairs with ARCOM Student Academies as needed.
- Work in collaboration with other members of Student Affairs in all manners concerning student welfare, advancement and discipline to ensure that students receive academic support and guidance, professional mentorship, personal and professional counseling, career development and other services so that students remain compliant with policies and procedures of ARCOM.
- Work with the administration and the Office of Student Affairs to ensure that students have access to appropriate physical and mental health care.
- Coordinate and oversee opportunities for student participation in professional organizations on and off the campus.
- Serve as advocate for students to the faculty and the administration.
- Assure effective and efficient delivery of student services in accordance with the mission of ARCOM, college policies and professional standards.
- Collaborate with the Associate Dean of Student Affairs, Director of Admissions, Director of Financial Aid, and Registrar in the development, implementation and assessment of policies and procedures related to student issues.
- Collaborate with administration to evaluate and addresses concerns regarding student behavior and compliance with ARCOM policies, referring cases as indicated to administration and the Student Progress Committee.
- In collaboration with Associate Dean of Student Affairs and other members of the department, create and conduct surveys, needs assessments and evaluations of student needs, satisfaction with administration, faculty, services and academic offerings of ARCOM as a component of the annual report to the Dean and Board of Directors.
- Work with Associate Dean of Student Affairs for development and oversight of the student services budget, the student government and student organizations’ budgets and distribution of funds for student events.
- Ensure that ARCOM policies are in compliance with government regulations impacting students and that institutional mandates and requirements are applied and met.
- Ensure and guarantee privacy, confidentiality with particularly sensitive, controversial, and personal data.
- Maintain standards for student behavior, recommend disciplinary actions as necessary and document all student failures to comply with established policy and procedures.
- Assist students in obtaining academic support when needed, including maintaining a list of tutors and assisting students in obtaining the services of tutors as needed.
- Provide educational events to improve study habits and skills, communication skills, clinical skills and test taking skills for students at ARCOM in cooperation with the faculty and educational development office of ARCOM.
- Evaluate student compliance with ARCOM policy on attendance and dress code.
- Collaborate with the Associate Dean of Student Affairs to provide initial review of any student absences and all requests from students for leave of absence and recommend action to the Dean or his designee.
- Serve on College Committees as assigned.
- Attend student affairs and other professional conferences to advance professional skills and services to the students of ARCOM.
- Other duties as assigned the Associate Dean of Student Affairs or his designee.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree with extensive experience in student services.
Three (3) years of experience in admissions, administrative/student services duties.
Experience in leadership role.
- Master’s Degree
- Five (5) years of experience in admissions, administrative/student services duties
- Previous experience at a health professions college or university.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- Display professionalism for the college in all communication and interaction.
- Ability to prioritize and organize numerous and varied assignments.
- High-energy, versatile, self-directed.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office.
- Availability beyond normal work week hours.
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, Director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or email@example.com.