The Executive Director for External of Institutional Relations will advance the mission of the Arkansas Colleges of Health Education, in part, by acting as a liaison between the professional staff of ACHE and business, educational and political leaders to establish cooperative educational programs that will lead to the advancement of enrollment in health-related career paths.
Requirements include, but are not limited to the following:
- Doctorate in Education
- Fifteen (15) academic experience as an executive level administrator in an educational institution.
- Demonstrated leadership, productivity and administrative experience in an executive level role in an educational setting.
- Eighteen years (18) academic experience as an executive level administrator in an educational institution.
- Familiarity with and in good standing with local and state-wide educational and government officials extending beyond state to include regional and national related organizations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identification of educational opportunities in health-related fields in addition to the Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Establishing contacts with other institutions of higher education for cooperative training programs leading to proficiency certificates or degrees.
- Developing programs which will complement existing educational programs to address the health education needs in the region.
- Developing programs which will engage students currently enrolled in secondary schools in the region in activities which will foster enhanced interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education.
- Providing professional development for teachers, counselors and administrators in K-12 schools in support of expanding STEM opportunities leading enrollment in health-related career paths.
- Establishing relationships with government agencies, foundations or other organizations to support learning opportunities in the health professions for students at the secondary and post-secondary levels in the region.
- Engage business, educational and political leaders in the interest of the Arkansas Colleges of Health Education to facilitate support for the mission of ACHE.
- Planning training programs in cooperation with professional staff at ACHE to benefit K-12 students as they plan courses of study leading to health professions in higher education.