Executive Assistant to the Dean of the School of Physical Therapy
The Executive Assistant to the Dean of the School of Physical Therapy will advance the mission in part by providing a wide variety of executive administrative and operational support.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Assume responsibility for the development and administration of specific projects as assigned.
- Counsel students who are enrolled in the program as well as students interested in attending the program regarding various aspects of the program to facilitate student success.
- Liaise between Office of Dean of School of Physical Therapy and Administration of Colleges of Health Education.
- Liaise between Office of Dean of the School of Physical Therapy and the faculty, staff, students, and outside contacts on a daily basis to promote effective working relationships.
- Anticipate problems, critical issues, and opportunities and advise Dean of the School of Physical Therapy accordingly.
- Lead and mentor other support staff.
- Lead and manage the organization of accreditation documents and reports to ensure compliance with program accreditation standards.
- Manage day to day operations of the Office of Dean of the School of Physical Therapy while using good judgment to determine tasks requiring priority attention.
- Manage the professional schedule of Dean of the School of Physical Therapy including travel arrangements and expense reports.
- Coordinate travel and accommodations in the role of meeting planner for conferences, School of Physical Therapy events, visiting faculty and lecturers, accreditation teams, and educational events as directed by Dean of the School of Physical Therapy.
- Manage the academic calendar for the program.
- Supervise staff in daily functions of the department and assigned responsibilities including screening of phone calls and e-mails, opening and distribution of mail as requested, and greeting visitors.
- Analyze data and prepare reports in accordance with accreditation requirements.
- Prepare communications, presentations, budget, accreditation, operational, and strategic planning documents.
- Maintain legal documents and contracts as directed by Dean of the School of Physical Therapy.
- Records, distributes, and maintains minutes for meetings and committees as directed by Dean of the School of Physical Therapy.
- Participate in college committees and provide feedback to ensure that ACHE’s core values are met with an emphasis on continued improvement.
- Provide service to the college community and students through serving on college and department committees, providing leadership, mentorship and expertise to students, participating in community outreach events and professional organizations or groups as assigned by Dean of the School of Physical Therapy.
- Demonstrate an ability to work as a group leader and group member; team player.
- Demonstrate and role model an ongoing ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, faculty, supervisors, support staff, and students.
- Maintain a professional development plan, including professional development activities and service provided to college and communities to assure personal growth and continued competency with professional field.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and performance.
- Demonstrate adaptability and the willingness to assist the college in fulfilling its mission and vision through administrative duties and community service and/or perform special duties as assigned.
- Advance the prestige of ACHE through advancement of and avocation for its mission and vision.
- Other duties as assigned by Dean of the School of Physical Therapy or his/her designee.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three years (3) experience in providing administrative support in a professional work environment.
- Three years (3) experience as an Executive Administrative Assistant
- Experience with program accreditation of a professional health education degree program
- Experience in an accredited physical therapy education program.
- Experience with vendor platforms that support physical therapy education accreditation, student admissions, background screening, and compliance management.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office.
- Display professionalism for the college in all communication and interaction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- Ability to prioritize and organize numerous and varied assignments.
- High-energy, versatile, self-directed.
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or email@example.com.