Executive Assistant to the Dean of ARCOM
The Executive Assistant to the Dean of ARCOM will advance the mission in part by providing a wide variety of executive administrative and operational support.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Function as a liaison between the Dean of ARCOM and the faculty, administrators, staff, students and outside contacts on a daily basis to promote effective working relationships.
- Manage the professional schedule of the Dean of ARCOM including travel arrangements and expense reports.
- Assist the Dean of ARCOM with preparation of communications, presentations, budget, accreditation, operational and strategic planning documents.
- Manage the day to day operations of the Office of the Dean of ARCOM including screening of phone calls and e-mails, opening and distribution of mail as requested, the greeting of visitors, using good judgment to determine those requiring priority attention.
- Coordinate travel and accommodations in the role of meeting planner for conferences, CME events, visiting faculty and lecturers, inspection teams, educational events as directed by the Dean of ARCOM.
- Serves as liaison between the Office of the Dean and the Administration of the Colleges for coordination of activities and events.
- Provide administrative leadership and mentorship for other support staff of the college.
- Maintain legal documents and contracts as directed by the Dean of ARCOM.
- Assume responsibility for the development and administration of specific projects as assigned.
- Anticipate problems, critical issues, and opportunities and advise the Dean of ARCOM accordingly.
- Records, distributes, and maintains minutes for meetings and committees as directed by the Dean of ARCOM.
- Participate on college committees and provide feedback to ensure that ACHE’s core values are met with an emphasis on continued improvement.
- Demonstrate an ability to work as a group leader and group member; team player.
- Demonstrate and role model an ongoing ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, faculty, supervisors and support staff.
- Maintain a personal and professional development plan, including professional development activities and service provided to college and communities to assure personal growth and continued competency with professional field.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and performance.
- Provide service to the college community and students through serving on College and department committees, providing leadership, mentorship and expertise to students, participating in community outreach events and professional organizations or groups as assigned by the Dean of ARCOM.
- Demonstrate adaptability and the willingness to assist the college in fulfilling its mission and vision through administrative duties and community service and/or perform special duties as assigned.
- Advance the prestige of ACHE through advancement of and avocation for its mission and vision.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of ARCOM or his/her designee.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three years (3) experience as Executive Administrative Assistant.
- Five years (5) experience as Executive Administrative Assistant.
- Experience as an event coordinator.
- Experience at an accredited university, health professions college or medical school.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office.
- Display professionalism for the college in all communication and interaction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- Ability to prioritize and organize numerous and varied assignments.
- High-energy, versatile, self-directed.
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or firstname.lastname@example.org.