Director of Student Services
Provide and direct professional oversight, support and guidance to osteopathic medical students as they advance during their pre-doctoral medical studies and careers at the Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Provide support and select oversight for areas of student services including academic support, programming and academic improvement plans for students considered academically at-risk, peer tutoring, and other support efforts for professional and medical students.
- Assists in the delivery of student programs geared towards the success of professional medical students.
- Assists in the coordination, implementation and support of activities and events within the Office of Student Affairs.
- Serve as advocate for students to the faculty and the administration.
- Assure effective and efficient delivery of student services in accordance with the mission of ARCOM, college policies and professional standards.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs, Director of Academic Success and Director of Mental Wellness regarding implementation and assessment of policies and procedures related to student issues.
- Ensure and guarantee privacy, confidentiality with particularly sensitive, controversial, and personal data.
- Supervise the Director of Academic Support and Director of Mental Wellness positions
- Collaborate with the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs to provide initial review of any student absences and all requests from students for leave of absence and recommend action to the Dean or his designee.
- Assist with college functions and including, but not limited to, Student Orientation, White Coat Ceremony, and Graduation.
- Serve on College Committees as assigned.
- Attend student affairs and other professional conferences to advance professional skills and services to the students of ARCOM.
- Other duties as assigned the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs or her designee.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three-to-five (3-5) years of experience in student services, administrative/academic success duties.
- Leadership experience
- Master’s Degree
- Five (5) years of experience in student services and professional / medical college academic success programming
- Previous experience at a health professions college or university preferably across all areas of student services including professional / medical college advisement, academic success plans and other student support areas
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- Display professionalism for the college in all communication and interaction.
- Ability to prioritize and organize numerous and varied assignments.
- High-energy, versatile, self-directed.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office.
- Availability beyond normal work week hours.
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or firstname.lastname@example.org.