Director of Institutional Relations
The Director of Institutional Relations will advance the mission of the Arkansas Colleges of Health Education by acting as a liaison between the President/CEO, the professional staff of ACHE and business, educational and political leaders to enhance the image, build the base of support and to engage those who interact with ACHE to benefit present and future students.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identification of educational opportunities consistent with the institutional mission.
- Supporting the development of educational and service programs which will complement existing educational programs to address the health education needs in the region.
- Developing relationships with institutions at the elementary and secondary levels which will foster an interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics (STEAM) education.
- Planning opportunities for the engagement of students at the secondary school level as they make career plans associated with health professions.
- Coordinating outreach initiatives which will build an awareness of the opportunities which the Arkansas Colleges of Health Education provide for graduate education.
- Work to foster relationships with other educational and service providers consistent with the mission of the institution.
- Serve as an ambassador to assist the President, CEO and academic officers to promote the growth of the Arkansas Colleges of Health Education by establishing and maintaining relationships which will enhance knowledge of and respect for ACHE throughout the region.
- Demonstrate an ability to work as a team leader and group member in the facilitation of both short and long-term plans for the institution.
- Participate in functions and events that promote awareness and facilitate support for the mission of ACHE.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President & CEO or his/her designee.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- Doctorate in Education
- Fifteen years (15) academic experience as an executive level administrator in an educational institution.
- Demonstrated leadership, productivity and administrative experience in an executive level role in an educational setting.
- Eighteen years (18) academic experience as an executive level administrator in an educational institution.
- Familiarity with and in good standing with local and state-wide educational and government officials extending beyond state to include regional and national related organizations.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the delivery of educational programs with ability to negotiate and create relationships.
- Demonstrate knowledge of varied curriculums educational formats.
- Demonstrate ability to mentor and motivate students and peers.
- Demonstrate a depth of knowledge in general education curriculum.
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or email@example.com.