The proposed Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine in Fort Smith, Arkansas invites applicants for the positon of Director of Development. The primary responsibility of the Director of Development will be securing sufficient funds to realize the mission of the proposed Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine as established by the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in marketing, public affairs, fund development, communications, or related discipline.
- Five years of relevant work experience.
- Master’s degree in marketing, public affairs, fund development, communications or related discipline.
- Ten years of relevant work experience.
- Previous experience at an accredited college, health professional college, health related foundation or medical school in establishing and implementing a fund development plan.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and methods of effective public relations and strategic communications with potential donors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective grant writing.
- Knowledge of fundraising management including federal and state legislation affecting non-profit organizations, special events planning and management.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Superior ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Superior ability to understand oral and written information and synthesize thoughts/ideas into effective forms of communication.
- Ability to make decisions relative to fund development that create significant impact towards fulfilling the mission and initiatives of ARCOM.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as job duties demand.
- Ability to travel, primarily locally during the business day, although some travel may be outside of the local area requiring overnight stays.
- Possess public communication skills that allow professional representations of ARCOM to a variety of businesses, community leaders and associates for the purpose of securing sufficient funds to reach and exceed goals.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to delegate and meet deadlines.
- Proficient computer and software skills, including Microsoft Office.