Director of Data Analytics & Institutional Research
The Director of Data Analytics & Institutional Research focuses on data analytics used in the management, operation and accreditation of an institution. The main responsibility is to help universities and colleges in data collection, analysis and outcomes research of students, faculty, administration, educational programs, facilities and various support programs. The analytical and statistical reports developed and produced by the institutional research professional help the institutions in planning future enrollment, decision-making functions, and facilities growth.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Conducting operations research of the institution that includes administrative and management programs.
- Assisting in the design of research methodologies, collecting and organizing information, performing statistical analyses, interpreting research results and writing reports.
- Archiving the information that is essential for graduation, trend, and retention analysis.
- Verifying internal consistency and accuracy of reports developed through the research process.
- Contributing to institutional effectiveness by providing technical assistance to staff, administrators, and faculty using specific tools and software.
- Conducting descriptive studies relating to students, staff, and teaching process and responding to complex queries or requests immediately.
- Interpreting and preparing conclusions for application by and presentation to faculty and administration.
- Supervising and participating in conducting student and faculty studies, costs evaluation, and effectiveness of non-academic and academic programs.
- Originating and designing research methodologies for designed projects as well as supervising and analyzing the information collected and organized.
- Assisting in planning studies and institutional policy and performing other assigned duties.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in business, math, social science, education or computer science
- Work experience relating to statistical analysis and research related activities
Candidates holding a PhD or ABD are encouraged to apply. Experience working within medical education assessing core competencies, educational outcomes and integrated curriculum platforms is a plus. Additional preferred qualifications also include:
- Knowledge of management and operations of an institution.
- Extensive knowledge of research methodologies and design as well as statistical analyses.
- Knowledge of computer applications and institutional research techniques.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with staff and administration.
- Ability to collect, organize and compile data independently.
- Ability to communicate efficaciously, both in writing and orally
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office.
- Display professionalism for the college in all communication and interaction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- Ability to prioritize and organize numerous and varied assignments.
- High-energy, versatile, self-directed.
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or email@example.com.