The Director of CME/Faculty Development will be responsible for the planning, directing, and implementation of programs, policies and procedures for the Department that determines appropriate support, resources, programming, and training to facilitate faculty growth in all areas of their professional roles.
- Master’s Degree in Education, Public Health, Healthcare Administration, Business or another related field is required.
- Three years (3) of CME practical and administrative experience, preferably in a university or an academic hospital/healthcare system with medical students, resident/fellow and CME educational operations.
- Knowledge of and functional competency with computers, software, data systems and all other electronic devices and methods used to deliver educational programs and assess their outcomes.
- Demonstrated leadership, productivity and administrative experience in a professional, research or educational setting.
- Strong skills pertinent to teamwork, communication, staff management and supervision, analytic problem solving, and education advocacy.
- Terminal Degree: DO, MD, PhD, EdD.
- Five years (5) of CME practical and administrative experience, preferably in a university or an academic hospital/healthcare system with medical students, resident/fellow and CME educational operations.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill to conduct needs assessments and gap analyses, apply principles of adult education to CME design, and develop educational outcomes measurement tools.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the delivery of medical education in the classroom, laboratory, simulation and standardized laboratory settings and in clinical settings for faculty, students and residents.
- Demonstrate knowledge of varied curriculum template and educational formats.
- Demonstrate ability to mentor and motivate students and peers.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, organizational skills, delegation skills, and time management skills.