The Director of Campus Security will advance the mission in part by providing safety and security for the students, faculty, staff, and guests of the college. Areas of responsibility will include continual assessment and management of the security/emergency response needs of the campus and establishment of goals and objectives of the department.
- High School Diploma
- Five years (5) security /law enforcement experience with appropriate certifications.
- Experience with emergency response procedures, including CPR and First Aid.
- Three years (3) experience in a leadership and management of a security department and staff.
- Experience with law enforcement and legal reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Five years (5) experience in leadership and management of a security/safety department.
- Extensive experience in emergency response procedures from a law enforcement and investigation perspective as well as medical response, including AED equipment.
- Experience at a school or college.
- Experience in a medical facility or medical school.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Skill in the use of items frequently utilized in a law enforcement environment.
- Demonstrated ability to make judgement calls in urgent/sensitive circumstances.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in all situations.
- Ability to gather and compile data.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret information from witnesses/individuals involved in emergency response circumstances.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Excellent knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations relating to the safety and security of individual in a public setting such as a business or educational institution.
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Ability to physically restrain or control a combative individual in an urgent situation.
- Ability to physically monitor and patrol the campus by foot and drive a vehicle with a valid driver’s license.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel as well as the ability to use typical email applications.
- Ability to play a versatile role within the organization.
- Display professionalism for the college in all communication and interaction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- Ability to prioritize and organize numerous and varied assignments.
- High-energy, versatile, self-directed.
- Occasionally required to lift items up to 50 lbs.