The Director of Building/Maintenance will be responsible for providing comprehensive oversight of the campus and grounds including coordinating project planning and construction and managing the maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings, grounds, and facilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Seven years (7) building and maintenance experience
- Three years (3) experience in leadership and management of a building and maintenance program, including management of HVAC systems and CMMS.
- Experience in all phases of construction and building maintenance.
- Experience with OSHA requirements, reporting and reviews.
- Five years (5) experience in leadership and management of a building and maintenance program.
- Experience at a school or college.
- Experience in a medical facility or medical school.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Technical mechanical proficiency related to operational equipment, Environmental Health & Safety, general maintenance of equipment, troubleshooting and repairs.
- Knowledge and management experience of HVAC, boiler and generator systems.
- Knowledge of Facilities Computerized Maintenance Management System. (CMMS)
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret blueprints, mechanical drawings, diagrams, engineering specifications and operating instructions.
- Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations relating to construction, health, fire codes, safety, energy conservation, hazardous materials, the American Disabilities Act (ADA) and other related facilities issue.
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel as well as the ability to use typical email applications.
- Ability to play versatile role within the organization.
- Display professionalism for the college in all communication and interaction.
- Ability to prioritize and organize numerous and varied assignments.
- High-energy, versatile, self-directed.
- Occasionally required to lift items up to 50 lbs.