The Custodian will provide support for the building and facility to ensure a safe, clean, and healthy environment is maintained for employees, students, and guests. Duties and requirements, include, but are not limited to:
- Provide general cleaning for all departments of the building, including, but not limited to, the main lobby, hallways, office spaces, break rooms, restrooms, recreation areas and student learning venues.
- Provide more in depth cleaning and care per maintenance schedule
Provide ice/snow removal or de-icing at entrance ways during inclement weather to provide safe access.
- Responsible for maintaining sufficient inventory of items and equipment to accomplish responsibilities of the position.
- Report any needed repairs immediately to supervisor, such as leaking faucets or toilets, loose tile, missing nuts or screws, etc..
- Provide cleaning support by responding to incident requests.
- Responsible for moving furniture/equipment on incidental basis.
- Occasionally required to lift or carry items up to 40 lbs.
- Occasionally required to remove/move furniture.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to work flexible schedule as required to accomplish his/her job duties; hours will generally be M-F, 7 am-4 pm, but may change to 2 pm-11 pm based on need.
- Working knowledge of cleaning materials and equipment such as vacuums, polishers, buffers, etc.
- Ability to follow instruction regarding the safe use of chemicals and supplies, using as directed.
Education and Experience
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Two Years (2) experience in custodial care of a large commercial building.
- Five Years (5) experience in custodial care of a facility in a professional environment.
- Experience working in an educational environment.
- Experience in a medical environment with an understanding of HIPAA.
- Experience with OSHA guidelines within realm of custodial responsibilities.
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, Director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or firstname.lastname@example.org.