Building Maintenance Technician
The Building Maintenance Technician will work with the Director of Buildings and Grounds to provide support for the building and equipment to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for students and staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Perform routine preventative and predictive maintenance on building equipment to insure electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems are in constant working order.
- Diagnose and repair of electronic, mechanical and electrical components of these systems.
- Trouble shoot and repair of electrical circuits, power and lighting.
- Repair of light fixtures and replacement of faulty bulbs.
- Operation and minor repair of Fire Alarm system.
- Perform building rounds to check and log status of equipment.
- Respond to emergency situations in order to resolve issues on an immediate basis.
- Provide ice/snow removal or de-icing at entrance ways during inclement weather to provide safe access.
- Observe all company procedures and safety rules.
- Repair of leaks in drains and faucets.
- Minor repair and painting of walls as required.
- Material handling at receiving dock and delivery in building.
- Door hardware maintenance and repair.
- Troubleshooting and repair of irrigation system.
- Furniture and chair moving as needed.
- Maintain inventory of maintenance equipment and supplies.
- Inspection, repair and replacement duties pertaining to motors, pumps, valves and boiler components.
- Cleaning of mechanical rooms.
- Available to work overtime as needed.
- Available for emergency needs after hours.
- Participate in company provided training opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Experience in all phases of building maintenance.
- Journeyman Electrical license.
- 5 years of experience in all phases of building maintenance.
- Strong trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills involving electrical, plumbing and HVAC.
- OHSA knowledge in field of experience.
- Experience in leadership and supervision.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Highly organized.
- Excellent communication and comprehension skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Technical mechanical proficiency related to proper operation and general maintenance of equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and manuals.
- Experience in the safe operation of tools and heavy equipment…boom lifts, scissor lifts etc.
- Professional work ethic with attention to details.
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of safety equipment in the maintenance field.
- Ability to maintain a well-groomed and neat appearance.
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or firstname.lastname@example.org.