Board Certification Specialist
The Board Certification Specialist, under the direct supervision of the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, is directly responsible for supporting the academic needs of the curriculum. Specifically, this person will analyze data that pertains to the curriculum including course and faculty evaluation data, block exam and COMLEX-USA performance, Senior Surveys, and MSPEs, as well as predictors for student success.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide comparative analysis of year one and two exam performance year-to-year
- Track and analyze predictors for COMLEX-USA performance including year one and two grades, COMSAE, COMAT, and question-bank assessment exam performance
- Oversee the grade book portion of the Course Management System (CMS) and work with students and faculty to utilize this system effectively
- Prepare and analyze data for the Senior Survey
- Make recommendations to increase student success for Board Certificates
- Compile all needed materials and compose Medical Student Performance Evaluations (MSPEs)
- Analyze Course Evaluations and provide comparative data year-to-year
- Analyze Faculty Evaluations and provide comparative data year-to-year
- Serve as a faculty resource
- Participate in medical education research
- Perform other duties as required or requested in this position
- Monitor and advise students’ Board Review process.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
College degree (or equivalent) in computer science or related field
- Proficient in representing data including the production of tables, graphs, and charts
- Experience in data collection and analysis and/or medical education experience preferred
- Experience in the educational setting
- Degree in behavioral science field
- Experience in teaching, educational counseling, assessment, or as a testing coordinator
- Knowledge of student learning styles and learning theory
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to travel and to represent the college.
- Ability to prepare and present information to small and large groups.
- Familiarity with enterprise CRMs and Student Information Systems.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to work in a high-volume, fast-paced, goal-oriented atmosphere, both independently and as part of a unified team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or firstname.lastname@example.org