Associate Dean of Academics/Clinical Education
The Associate Dean of Academics/Clinical Education, under the supervision of the Dean, is responsible for curriculum assessment, accreditation, and research as well as supervision management of faculty.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports and promotes the mission of the School of Physical Therapy.
- Directs the process of academic accreditation by preparing reports and required documentation for all accrediting bodies.
- Oversees curriculum development and delivery and provides guidance with selecting effective teaching models and strategies.
- Maintains a description of curricular outcomes, learning goals and objectives, and course syllabi of each course in the curriculum.
- Engages in Interprofessional Education and Collaboration (IPEC), planning, development, and initiatives.
- Works with the faculty to design and implement remediation programs for students who are not progressing on schedule.
- Assists with student orientation as it relates to academic.
- Supervise Board review process.
- Directs program assessment of the Physical Therapy education program, including formative and summative evaluation of all courses.
- Contributes to preparation of the CAPTE.
- Responsible for reports and surveys for the School of Physical Therapy such as annual questionnaires and Graduating Senior Survey.
- Plans, develops and implements an outcomes-based faculty development program (full-time, part-time, and clinical adjunct faculty).
- Serves on committees as directed by the Dean.
- Provides timely reports to the Dean as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- Eligible for licensure as a Physical Therapist in the State of Arkansas.
- Academic terminal Degree.
- Significant experience with curriculum development, institutional and curricular assessment, and research, preferably in a medical school environment.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with curriculum development, institutional and curricular assessment, and research in a medical school environment
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and PDF management
- Skills with online databases and programs
- Demonstrate knowledge of varied curriculum template and educational formats
- Demonstrate ability to mentor and motivate students and peers
- Demonstrate a depth of knowledge in Physical Therapy education.
Demonstrate leadership skills, organizational skills, delegation skills, and time management skills
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or email@example.com.