Assistant/Associate Professor, Microbiology and Immunology
The new Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine in Fort Smith, Arkansas, is seeking enthusiastic candidates to serve as inaugural faculty in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology. This position will participate and assist the Chair and colleagues in the planning, directing and implementation of college programs, policies and procedures. This faculty with dual expertise in Basic Immunology and Basic Microbiology will also be integral in developing a curriculum which integrates the fields of Immunology and Microbiology in team-based, large and small group, learning environments. The successful candidate will also be expected to provide service to the college and professional communities and engage in innovative scholarship and research to advance medical knowledge.
- Terminal degree (PhD) in Immunology (preferred) or Microbiology or a closely related field.
- Demonstrated productivity and contribution (e.g. presentations, publications, patents, etc.) to a relevant professional field.
- Possess skills necessary to contribute to the establishment and formation of a Department of Biochemistry, Molecular and Cellular Sciences at a new medical school.
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to Minimum Qualifications)
- At least a year of Post-doctoral experience in immune responses to infectious diseases in a biomedical research setting.
- Experience as an instructor or course coordinator/director of a relevant scientific discipline at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- Excellent leadership and administrative skills, a demonstrated record of mentorship, and experience in medical and/or graduate education.
- Experience in some form of active learning approaches to instruction and small group facilitation.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Familiarity with the delivery of Basic Immunology content in the classroom through a variety of modalities; a thorough knowledge and understanding of Core Concepts in Microbial Pathogens and Host Response is a plus.
- Passion to mentor and motivate students and peers.
- Willingness to learn new approaches for content delivery and their implementation in an innovative, integrated Curriculum of Biomedical Essentials for Medicine.
Individuals wishing to apply should send a letter of intent, CV and educational philosophy to Ms. Barbara Jetton, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com. Please put position title in the subject area of your email.