Assistant/Associate Dean of Clinical Medicine
The Assistant/Associate Dean of Clinical Medicine is responsible for the planning, directing, and the implementation of programs, policies and procedures for the Division of Clinical Medicine, ensuring the integration of scientifically based, outcome evaluated clinical knowledge and skills, biomedical sciences, and osteopathic principles and practices for predoctoral and/or postdoctoral students as well as providing service to the college and professional communities and engaging in innovative scholarship and research to advance medical knowledge.
- Terminal degree (PhD, DO, MD)
- Five years’ experience as a department chair in clinical education at a College of Osteopathic Medicine, College of Allopathic Medicine, or Academic Health Care Teaching Center
- Documented successful scholarly activity
- Demonstrated leadership, productivity and administrative experience in a clinical, professional research or educational setting
- Good standing with all regulatory and governmental boards and agencies
- Eligible for coverage by college’s malpractice insurer if applicable
- Experience in the role of Assistant/Associate Dean of Clinical Medicine
- Seven years’ experience as a department chair in clinical education at a College of Osteopathic Medicine, College of Allopathic Medicine, or Academic Health Care Teaching Center
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the delivery of medical education in the classroom, laboratory, simulation and standardized laboratory settings and in clinical settings for students and residents.
- Demonstrate knowledge of varied curriculum template and educational formats.
- Demonstrate ability to mentor and motivate students and peers.
- Demonstrate a depth of knowledge in one or more of the medical, psychological, or social disciplines required for the education of medical students, the practice of medicine, the advancement of medical knowledge and research.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, organizational skills, delegation skills, and time management skills.
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, Director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or firstname.lastname@example.org.