Assistant Dean of Clinical Education
The Assistant Dean of Clinical Education, under the supervision of the Dean, is directly responsible for the leadership, development, supervision, and assessment of clinical education through planning, directing, and the implementation of programs, policies and procedures for the Department of Physical Therapy. The Assistant Dean for Clinical Education serves as the Director of Clinical Education and is the Instructor of record, in collaboration with clinical instructors, of all clinical experiences for students in the School of Physical Therapy.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a personal and professional development plan and portfolio, including documentation of teaching, professional development activities and plans, service provided to college and communities, scholarly activity and research to assure personal growth and continued competency with the profession of Physical Therapy.
- Provide oversight and direction for the education and instruction of Physical Therapy students engaging in clinical education.
- Provide leadership in the development, delivery and evaluation of the clinical, standardized and simulated education offerings of ACHE.
- Establish and maintain scheduled office hours for faculty advising, student advising, tutoring, remediation and consultation.
- Plan, develop, and manage the clinical education budget to allow the department to implement educational programs for ACHE, ensure effective and efficient operational functions and procedures consistent with established college policies.
- Participate, as a member of the curriculum committee, in curriculum development, assessment and modification as a part of the college’s ongoing quality improvement and assessment programs
- Participate in the assessment and evaluation of students, provide feedback and remedial assistance to ensure that the students of the School of Physical Therapy meet the standards established by the faculty and obtain the knowledge, skills and competency required.
- Demonstrate and role model an ongoing ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors and support staff.
- Demonstrate an ability to work as a group leader and group member; team player.
- Participate in preparation of grant proposals and academic evaluative reports.
- Enhance individual teaching effectiveness by consulting with individual faculty to facilitate growth in appropriate pedagogy, curriculum design, and assessment of student learning.
- Advance the perceived value of and output of research and scholarly activity among the faculty and students of ACHE through leadership, mentorship and participation.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and performance.
- Provide service to the college community and students through serving on School of Physical Therapy and department committees, providing leadership, mentorship and expertise to students, participating in community outreach events, international medical events and with professional organizations or groups as assigned by the Dean.
- Demonstrate adaptability and the willingness to assist the college in fulfilling its mission and vision through teaching, academic administrative duties, and community service and/or perform special duties as assigned.
- Advance the prestige of ACHE through advancement of and avocation for its mission, values, and goals.
- Advance the prestige of the college through scholarly publication and research.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean or his/her designee.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- Doctor of Physical Therapy degree. Licensed as a physical therapist in appropriate jurisdiction.
- Demonstrate leadership, productivity and administrative experience in a clinical, professional, research or educational settings.
- Eligible for coverage by college’s malpractice insurer if applicable.
- Demonstrate leadership, productivity and administrative experience in a professional, research or educational setting.
- Strong skills pertinent to teamwork, communication, staff management and supervision, analytic problem solving, and education advocacy.
- Good standing with all regulatory and governmental boards and agencies.
- Three to five years (3-5) academic experience as a full-time faculty member in a physical therapy academic program.
- Earned academic doctorate in addition to physical therapy credentials.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the delivery of physical therapy education in the classroom, laboratory, simulation and standardized laboratory settings and in clinical settings for students and residents.
- Demonstrate knowledge of varied curriculum template and educational formats.
- Demonstrate ability to mentor and motivate students and peers.
- Demonstrate a depth of knowledge in one or more of the medical, psychological, or social disciplines required for the education of medical students, the practice of medicine, the advancement of medical knowledge and research.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, organizational skills, delegation skills, and time management skills.
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or email@example.com.