Rance McClain, DO, FACOFP, FAOASM
Dean of ARCOM
7000 Chad Colley Boulevard
Fort Smith, AR 72916
Send a message
Dr. Rance McClain is the Dean of the Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine. Prior to joining ARCOM, Dr. McClain was the Associate Dean, Clinical Sciences at William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Other previous positions include Associate Professor of Family Medicine and Osteopathic Principles and Practice as well as chair of continuing medical education at Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences College of Osteopathic Medicine in Kansas City, Missouri.
A career-long member of the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians (ACOFP), Dr. McClain holds board certifications in Family Medicine as well as Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine and Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine. He has a Certificate of Additional Qualifications in Sports Medicine. Dr. McClain is a past president of the Jackson County (Missouri) Osteopathic Medical Association and the Mississippi Society of the ACOFP. He has served on the Board of Directors of the Mississippi Osteopathic Medical Association and the Office of Mississippi Physician Workforce.
On a national level, McClain currently serves as a board member of the American Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine (AOASM) and as an Associate Editor for the Journal of Graduate Medical Education for the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
Dr. McClain and his wife, Lisa, have four sons.
- Medical Center of Independence – Independence, Missouri Rotating Internship
- The University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (now known as, Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences College of Osteopathic Medicine)
- Pittsburg State University – Pittsburg, Kansas, Bachelor of Science – Biology and Bachelor of Science Psychology
- Mississippi Healthcare Hero
- Member Gold Humanism Honor Society – Arnold P. Gold Foundation
- Lead event physician for multiple national and international sporting events including Mixed Martial Arts, USA Triathlon, USA Cyclocross, USA Volleyball, NCAA Basketball and Olympic Racewalking
- Two-time Winner of ACOFP Research Poster Competition – Faculty Division
- Two-time USA Triathlon Age Group Honorable Mention All-American
- Academic All-American Track and Field
- Family activities
- Home improvement
- Athletic activities of all types