Welcome to Fort Smith, Arkansas!
The second largest city in Arkansas, Fort Smith, is as strong as the rocks that built the original Fort in 1817. Today’s Fort Smith features a modern take on city living without compromising the “True Grit” for which the city is known.
Forbes Magazine recently named Fort Smith as the number one city in America for cost-of-living. With a thriving downtown and numerous biking and hiking trails you’ll find it all in Fort Smith.
- Arkansas’ oldest symphony orchestra featuring talented and renown guest artists
- New main public library with three full service branches
- Season of Entertainment presents some of broadways most popular traveling musical productions
- Fun festivals throughout the year bring live music to the outdoor amphitheater on the Arkansas River
- Biking, hiking, river rafting and more – we are named the natural state for a reason!
- National award winning public and private schools
ARCOM’s Nondiscrimination Statement
ARCOM is committed to equal opportunity for all students, staff, and faculty and to nondiscrimination in the recruitment, admission, and retention of students and the recruitment, hiring, promotion, and retention of faculty and staff. Its employment and educational policies comply with the requirements applicable to equal opportunity/affirmative action laws, directives, executive orders, and regulations to the effect that no person at ARCOM shall, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veterans status be subjected to discrimination. ARCOM strives to create and support a campus community that educates physicians who value diversity. The College believes that diversity enriches the educational experience and prepares its students to effectively deliver health care and work effectively with those from varied backgrounds. ARCOM is committed to encouraging courtesy and respect through developing and implementing policies that support diversity.