The Anatomy Laboratory Assistant/Instructor will be responsible for the overall maintenance of the Gross Anatomy Laboratory, provide daily support to anatomy faculty for ongoing education activities, assist in the laboratory instruction of medical students, and perform related duties or services deemed essential to the overall ARCOM mission.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in science or related field.
- Must be a team player with the ability to communicate, interact, and work effectively with faculty, students, staff, administration, and all external constituencies both in and out of the anatomy laboratory session.
- Ability to learn and apply anatomy laboratory information quickly.
- Professional approach to working with human cadaveric specimens.
- Comfortable with working extensively within an anatomy laboratory setting.
- Demonstrated ability to make competent decisions involving human donors.
- Capable of handling multiple demands continuously while maintaining flexibility and adaptability.
- Responsive to general direction; however, able to prioritize work and organize time with independent judgment.
- Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail pertaining to a Gifted Body program.
- Fluency in the English language for instructional responsibilities.
- Experience working in a cadaveric anatomy laboratory.
- Experience teaching human gross anatomy in a cadaveric laboratory setting to medical and/or allied health students.