Alan Haney is a retired Captain from the Fort Smith Police Department. During a 34 year tenure there he gained a broad range of experience by serving in every division of the department. Most notable assignments include Detective and later as a supervisor in the Detective Bureau, Administration Captain, Internal Affairs Captain, and Patrol Troop Captain (Watch Commander). Having completed over a thousand hours of specialty training, he was a certified law enforcement instructor throughout his tenure, was an instructor for the Fort Smith Police Academy, and was the Captain in charge of the Field Training program of the police department. Officer Haney lives in Fort Smith with his wife Emily and they have three children, one son and two daughters.
- AS Liberal Arts – Excelsior College
- School of Law Enforcement Supervision – Criminal Justice Institute/UALR
- Internal Affairs Investigations – Institute for Law Enforcement Administration
- Managing investigations of Civil Rights allegations – U.S. Department of Justice
- Certified Police Instructor – Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and Training
- Certified Field Training Officer – Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and Training