The Admissions Coordinator will counsel prospective applicants and answer inquires via phone and email. He/She will also assist with prospective student interviews, orientations and other events. The Coordinator will work to recruit students locally and state-wide through a number of channels including delivery of presentations to pre-med classes, clubs, etc. which will require travel. Occasional weekends and evening events will be required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend conferences (perhaps one national conference), workshops, seminars and webinars for professional development.
- Maintain a personal and professional development plan to assure personal growth and continued competency within the field.
- Counsel prospective applicants, answer telephone, e-mail, and other inquiries.
- Travel for recruitment (local and state) including the delivery of presentations to pre-med classes, clubs, and other interested groups at graduate and professional school fairs and job/career fairs for recruitment purposes.
- Assist with prospective student interviews, student orientation, and other College events as necessary.
- Work frequently with student information system (SIS), constituent relationship management system (CRM), and Webadmit system.
- Maintain a neat, professional office environment that projects a positive image to visitors of the College.
- Interact effectively as a member of a team, work collaboratively with other departments and maintain a positive attitude.
- Actively participate in and contribute to outcomes of team meetings.
- Work effectively with people who have diverse ideas and perspectives.
- Demonstrate ability to work as a productive and positive group member and team player.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and performance.
- Represent ARCOM in a highly ethical manner in all recruitment activities on and off campus.
- Demonstrate ongoing ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors, and support staff.
- Commit to the highest level of ethical behavior and refrain from conflict of interest or the perception thereof.
- Maintain confidentiality and protect the privacy of individual application records.
- Provide service to the college community and students through serving on various committees and providing leadership, mentorship and expertise to students as needed.
- Participate in professional organizations or groups as assigned by the Director of Admissions.
- Demonstrate adaptability and willingness to assist the college in fulfilling its mission and vision through administrative duties and community service and/or perform special duties as assigned.
- Advance the prestige of ARCOM through advancement of its mission and vision.
Other duties as assigned by the manager or his/her designee
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in the educational setting
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in admissions, recruitment, marketing, public relations, event planning, leadership in student activities, or other related higher education field.
- Previous admissions experience at a health professions college or medical school
- Experience with presentations
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to transport one’s self and travel off campus and to represent the college.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
- Ability to prepare and present information to small and large groups.
- Familiarity with enterprise CRMs and Student Information Systems.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to work in a high-volume, fast-paced, goal-oriented atmosphere, both independently and as part of a unified team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.