The Admissions Coordinator will counsel prospective applicants and answer inquires via phone and email. He/She will also assist with prospective student interviews, orientations and other events. The Coordinator will work to recruit students locally and state-wide through a number of channels including delivery of presentations to pre-med classes, clubs, etc. which will require travel. Occasional weekends and evening events will be required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Counsel prospective applicants, answer telephone, e-mail, and other inquiries.
- Travel for recruitment (local, state, and regional) including the delivery of presentations to pre-med classes, clubs, and other interested groups at graduate and professional school fairs and job/career fairs for recruitment purposes.
- Assist with prospective student interviews, student orientation, and other College events as necessary.
- Work frequently with student information system (SIS), constituent relationship management system (CRM), and Web admit system.
- Assist in all aspects of the application processing, including but not limited to screening primary and secondary application, inviting applicants to on-site interviews, preparing and maintaining documentation for applicant files for Admissions Committee review, and communicating decisions to applicants.
- Work in conjunction with other members of the Admissions Office team in the planning, coordinating, and carrying out interview day activities including scheduling applicants and interviewers, communication to applicants and interviewers, and presenting ARCOM information and tours of facilities.
- Interact effectively as a member of a team, work collaboratively with other departments, supervisors, and support staff, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Demonstrate ability to work as a productive and positive group member and team player.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and performance.
- Commit to the highest level of ethical behavior and refrain from conflict of interest or the perception thereof representing ARCOM in a highly ethical manner in all recruitment activities on and off campus.
- Maintain confidentiality and protect the privacy of individual application records.
- Provide service to the college community and students through serving on various committees and providing leadership, mentorship and expertise to students as needed.
- Participate in professional organizations or groups as assigned by the Director of Admissions.
- Demonstrate adaptability and willingness to assist the college in fulfilling its mission and vision through administrative duties and community service and/or perform special duties as assigned.
- Advance the prestige of ARCOM through advancement of its mission and vision.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager or his/her designee
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in the educational setting
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in admissions, recruitment, marketing, public relations, event planning, leadership in student activities, or other related higher education field.
- Previous admissions experience at a health professions college or medical school
- Experience with presentations
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to travel and to represent the college.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
- Ability to prepare and present information to small and large groups.
- Familiarity with enterprise CRMs and Student Information Systems.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to work in a high-volume, fast-paced, goal-oriented atmosphere, both independently and as part of a unified team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, Director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or firstname.lastname@example.org.