The Assistant to the Associate Dean for Clinical Medicine will advance the mission in part by providing a wide variety of administrative and operational support across the Department of Clinical Medicine with primary support to the Associate Dean of Clinical Medicine.
- Function as a liaison between the Clinical Medicine Associate Dean and the faculty, administrators, staff, students and outside contacts on a daily basis to promote effective working relationships.
- Manage the professional schedule of the Associate Dean including travel arrangements and expense reports.
- Assist the Associate Dean of clinical medicine with preparation of communications, presentations, budget, accreditation, operational and strategic planning documents.
- Manage the day to day operations of the Office of clinical medicine including screening of phone calls, responding to emails, opening and distribution of mail as requested, the greeting of visitors, using good judgment to determine those requiring priority attention.
- Act as a resource for and assist departmental faculty with administrative task as needed to include coordination of travel and accommodations.
- Assume responsibility for the development and administration of specific projects as assigned.
- Anticipate problems, critical issues, and opportunities and advise the Associate Dean for Clinical Medicine accordingly.
- Records, distributes, and maintains minutes for meetings and committees as directed by the Associate Dean for Clinical Medicine and coordinated with the office of the Dean/CAO.
- High school diploma
- Two years (2) experience as Administrative Assistant or related support role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years (3) experience as Administrative Assistant
- Experience at an accredited university, health professions college or medical school
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office
- Display professionalism for the college in all communication and interaction
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Ability to prioritize and organize numerous and varied assignments
- High-energy, versatile, self-directed.